Which LED buggy whip?

Dunerking

Reaction score
Not sure if it belongs here,just didn’t want to start topics in each of sandrail,SxS,and ATV. I did the search but mostly found people talking g 10’-12’ buggy  whips. 
Wife wants to get a pair of LED whips for the Wildcat XX and wanted to get consensus of what everyone is running and happy with? 
-We don’t need the most Disco of light shows,maybe something that we could change per the group were running with or vibe we’re in. 

-Also the most reliable electrical connection 

-Some of the people in our group run the 5150 and the look nice and the magnetic mount is a nice option. Just be worried it would fall out though. 
Thanks for any info/suggestions! 

I have 5150's for my Can-Am. The magnetic base is super easy and I have never had an issue with a whip coming out. They only issue I have that I do not like is after two seasons, the fit of the whip base into the base that is bolted to the car has got a little sloppy/loose so it makes a rattling noise that drives me nuts. I took the bases off and tapped them for two set screws each and that stopped the play in them for a while but at the end of last season they were starting to get sloppy again. Other than that issue, they have been great and always worked.

5150 Whips is a GD.com sponsor, fellow duner, and good guy.  They have some excellent whips, have been around for awhile, and can set you up with what you might be looking for.  
Contact Andy, 800-674-9920

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a Safe Glo whip I'll make a deal on. The quick release base breaks every time you use it, but if you drive to San Dimes and hang out at their business, they might show up and fix it so it will break on the very next trip. 

I have owned and probably have backups of few others. I am now only running @Whipsandshyt. Buggy whips customer service sucks a donkey and will never buy another one of their crappy whips, 5150 is good for their warranty, they would be my 2nd option.

i guess just depends on what you want to spend. 

l have some amazon ones that were like $150 for the pair. they are bluetooth so i can control from my phone but also has a remote. it has tons of options from solid light to patterns to flashing with the music you are playing. even the RGB color spectrum so you can make it what ever color you want.  sizes ranging from 3'-6' i have the 4'

they are not the quality of 5150 or whipsandshyt, but they get the job done. 

I bought a pair from @Whipsandshyt last season and they've been good. They're simple and so far reliable.  I previously had a very expensive whip with the electrical connector (4 pin) built into the quick release base.  I had lots of issues with it.  I think having a simple power connector separate from the base (like @Whipsandshyt) is more reliable.

My biggest issue is making any flags live longer than a trip. Has anybody found American flags that last? The 3 foot ones are to big, so I try to find ones that are 18"-24" and they just fray at then end within days.  Maybe I'm just too fast? 😁

5150 Whips is a GD.com sponsor, fellow duner, and good guy.  They have some excellent whips, have been around for awhile, and can set you up with what you might be looking for.  
Contact Andy, 800-674-9920.  👍
Just saw that they are a site sponsor! Would definitely like to support a a business that takes care of us! 

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought a pair from @Whipsandshyt last season and they've been good. They're simple and so far reliable.  I previously had a very expensive whip with the electrical connector (4 pin) built into the quick release base.  I had lots of issues with it.  I think having a simple power connector separate from the base (like @Whipsandshyt) is more reliable.

My biggest issue is making any flags live longer than a trip. Has anybody found American flags that last? The 3 foot ones are to big, so I try to find ones that are 18"-24" and they just fray at then end within days.  Maybe I'm just too fast? 😁
I just bought this one, we'll see how it goes.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00J5WO5BE/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

5150..im on 3 sessions and not a single issue, rattle or problem.i only use them a night.i don't run them 24/7.during the day I run a reg flag so maybe thats why I have no issues.but we mob the dunes hard and that magnet is strong and will hole strong...dont be scared!!

Back