Where To Buy 930 CV Flange Bolts??

Safety wire didn't help much here.

View attachment 58727
I mean, technically they stayed tight… right up until it sheared. Lol

That is great for NASA, but have used HIGH COLAR on over 20 cars we have prepped for over 25 years, wire tie is great for not loosing a bolt, but our customers want them to stay tight, I have not had them come loose with a HIGH COLAR split washer, for 930 cvs they hight colar works the best, they stay tight, 

We use this style on all of the pressure plate bolts and never had a issue sure they would work great on CV's 
Safety wire, done correctly, forces the adjacent bolt to tighten while the other loosens, and should absolutely stay tight. 

I don’t think lock washers are useless: the springiness of the washer imparts tension to keep the bolt from getting loose if it temporarily looses tension from parts moving. It will still eventually tell you to fack off, but you get a mulligan or two before it does. This is where constant checking of fasteners, especially after a couple of runs on reassembled components, is important. chit’ll always get loose. Don’t trust things to stay tight in this hobby.

Figured I buy them here and support you but $23.50 to ship some bolts? Is their an error in shipping calculation on your web site?  :classic_unsure: :classic_unsure:
UPS prices have gone up quite a bit over the past year. If you throw in a gallon of oil or CV grease that you might need, the shipping cost will only go up a buck or two to help offset the shipping cost.

USPS is cheaper, but based on the fact they tend to lose about 20% of our packages and we replace the entire order at our expense, we have decided to not use their services.

UPS prices have gone up quite a bit over the past year. If you throw in a gallon of oil or CV grease that you might need, the shipping cost will only go up a buck or two to help offset the shipping cost.

USPS is cheaper, but based on the fact they tend to lose about 20% of our packages and we replace the entire order at our expense, we have decided to not use their services.
Thanks for reply and info. Order coming your way. I realize this is a tiny order though. The bigger orders are for the 2D rebuild parts I just had done and the S4 upgrade I'm ordering soon once the backlog clears  :classic_biggrin:

I have found cleaning the threads on the bolts/flanges and keeping them clean during assembly before torquing the bolts will keep them tight. I've never used threadlocker on cv bolts and never had any come loose on me. 

The nut and bolt vendor I get my hardware from, Marks Nuts and Bolts in Glendale, Az., tells me that allen head and 12pt bolts do not typically have a grade assigned to them but are in fact harder than 8. I couldn't say where my 12pt cv bolts came from, likely Foddrills Offroad, but I think most are equal hardness. I have found the threads do distort a little after they've been used a dozen times but they still thread in ok and seem to do no harm to the flange threads. 

Fwiw, standard 12pt 930 bolts are TOO LONG when I use them with GKN cv bodies and 4130 boot flanges on my HV24, I had to grind them all down about 2 full threads so they wouldn't interfere with the side plates on the trans. Just some thoughts from the peanut gallery lol. 

I bought bolts from Weddle. They get them special made at the correct length. I just installed them yesterday. I chased and cleaned up all the threads and put loctite on. I figured the Loctite couldn't hurt so why not. 

I use the drilled bolts and safety wire them.  Never had an issue.

I get them from Kartek.

I have found cleaning the threads on the bolts/flanges and keeping them clean during assembly before torquing the bolts will keep them tight. I've never used threadlocker on cv bolts and never had any come loose on me. 

The nut and bolt vendor I get my hardware from, Marks Nuts and Bolts in Glendale, Az., tells me that allen head and 12pt bolts do not typically have a grade assigned to them but are in fact harder than 8. I couldn't say where my 12pt cv bolts came from, likely Foddrills Offroad, but I think most are equal hardness. I have found the threads do distort a little after they've been used a dozen times but they still thread in ok and seem to do no harm to the flange threads. 

Fwiw, standard 12pt 930 bolts are TOO LONG when I use them with GKN cv bodies and 4130 boot flanges on my HV24, I had to grind them all down about 2 full threads so they wouldn't interfere with the side plates on the trans. Just some thoughts from the peanut gallery lol. 
I've been told the same thing about 12pt bolts, harder than grade 8.

I have always used red Loctite made sure all threads are clean and have never had one come loose

Back