Where are you buying the cool but practical things for your Jeep?

Check out metalcloak for a lift. I like their philosophy on springs, lift height, droop travel, etc.
Thanks. The Jeep is already lifted, I was trying to ID what kind, there is a small sticker on the shocks.

Shop at Quadratec, Extreme Terrain, 4WD.com, Jeep World.com, then buy from wherever you can find the best deal.

Now that I’ve seen interior pics I’m really digging it. Same interior as my Sahara. Well until I got a case of tan Plasti-Dip. Everything that is grey in yours I turned to tan in mine. Turned out awesome.

Was going to do my Silver wheels but it’s up for sale to make room for the Gladiator. Some folks think it’s a bit much, but I don’t judge their rides.

B2818F9C-A64B-4058-8053-B136ED373195.jpeg

12922C86-1F50-404E-9BD2-418B3B9E8578.jpeg

2490341C-791F-442C-BC22-92AF45BA898E.jpeg

873D709C-CE62-4BDB-A8BB-B508E3FA7AC6.jpeg

E96B6710-EE21-4F95-BBA1-EBED89A69CD5.jpeg

89BAA9DE-0ED3-48FB-9748-7FB4A719B64E.jpeg

780E6CD6-2AA8-4938-BB6F-EF6D140FF816.jpeg

Shop at Quadratec, Extreme Terrain, 4WD.com, Jeep World.com, then buy from wherever you can find the best deal.
This is a well rounded group to shop jeep parts I buy mostly from Quadratec and 4WD.com but the other two are good also.

still like your ride 

Congrats on the sweet Jeep, you're going to enjoy it!  It looks like you got pretty good advice on where to find parts 'n accessories already.  

-TJ

Headed to Big Bear on friday. 

Setting beads with a viar is no bueno. 

ARB dual is the way to go. My wallet disagrees though. 
Lighter fluid or beadlocks. :biggrin:

That being said, in thousands of miles now off pavement, only one time have I seen someone lost a bead, and that was 8lbs on no locks doing donuts. 

Hell, buddy just put a 8” slash in one of his 37s. Drove it down the trail quite a way, never lost the bead. Newer tires seem to stick well. 

Lighter fluid or beadlocks. :biggrin:

That being said, in thousands of miles now off pavement, only one time have I seen someone lost a bead, and that was 8lbs on no locks doing donuts. 

Hell, buddy just put a 8” slash in one of his 37s. Drove it down the trail quite a way, never lost the bead. Newer tires seem to stick well. 
I haven’t seen a tire come off the bead. And I’d think if you didn’t have beadlocks you wouldn’t air down too low. Hell unless I’m in the sand I don’t air down below 20. 

I haven’t seen a tire come off the bead. And I’d think if you didn’t have beadlocks you wouldn’t air down too low. Hell unless I’m in the sand I don’t air down below 20. 
Been fine with 12-15, including a mad dash down to North Shore Dr in Big Bear from past Holcomb Creek last week to meet an ambulance (daughter had an emergency, she’s fine thank God) in about 15 minutes. Jeep left the ground at least 3x… Tires stayed inflated. :biggrin:

You don't want to set a bead with the compressor, you want to use the tank volume for that.

I typically run my XJ around with about 20 psi.  It drives better than them at 30ish.

Last edited by a moderator:
Need a set of sliders/steps. Nothing with the steps that hang below the slider. The drop down step is too much $$$. Simple design is what I am after

Recommendations? 

@matt86m what brake/light set up do you have for towing behind the motorhome? Just picked up a JL and will need to do that soon. 

@matt86m what brake/light set up do you have for towing behind the motorhome? Just picked up a JL and will need to do that soon. 
My moho came with a Roadmaster tow bar https://www.roadmasterinc.com/products/towbars/sterling.php

And just by coincidence my Jeep had with the same Roadmaster Cross Bar https://www.roadmasterinc.com/products/brackets/bracket_type.html

The only piece I need to buy is the Braking system so I am getting this one https://www.roadmasterinc.com/products/braking/brakemaster/brake_m.html

Simple, easy to setup and store too. 

I have air brakes on the noho so this system requires an air line connector inside the Jeep too.

Back