When is your Official End of Glamis Season?

My Last Glamis Season Trip Is....

• President's Day

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • Easter Weekend

Votes: 10 21.7%
  • Mid March

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • End of March

Votes: 25 54.3%
  • End? I go year round ...

Votes: 5 10.9%
  • I Only Go When You Don't Need A Pass (Summer)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
If we fly into Diego and my bro has the trailer loaded, we're headed out. Peace

By far best rides are in summer. We deal with the heat. You can time trips around the wind. Like said temps drop after a blow.
Love summer dunes. Unfortunately, this year looks like not happening unit late, August early September. Picture is pad 5.

DSCN0044.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
May is the latest I have been there.  Was a boys trip and we watched the weather closely for an opportunity.  Now that I have to deal with youth sports (baseball & softball) it seems like my season ends the around the first weekend of March.  Might have to try a summer trip.

Like @BENCH, baseball and softball spring seasons cuts our duning season short. Was a little disappointed in only getting 4 Friday night to Sunday trips in this season. The last 2 years we've gotten a summer trip in to St. Anthony's and Oregon dunes but this year we're going to the pacific northwest and no riding. Hopefully get 6-7 trips in next season.

No official date, just stop going when average temps are above mid 90's.

About a decade ago.. after the financial crash.. me and only 1 other dude in our big camp bought sand cars (he had a Buckshot X-5).. anyhow.. we went twice in May (we bought in April 2009).. went to Sand Mountain in Utah that summer cause I just wanted to drive the car,.. I always would tell him in the summer to get all his service/upgrades done on his car cause you never know when it will cool off.. he never did.. and the very next season I went 10/7/09 (if I remember the date correctly).. and it was like I said,.. wind blew and for like 4 days the HIGH was 72.. NO ONE was there.. was so fun to not worry about killing anyone (driving fast/crazy).. I don't think there were more than 50 people in ALL of Glamis.

I'm a total heat wimp.. I will admit.. cold too.. my buddy pokes fun at me each year when we do KOH cause it's like 50's in the day.. 30's at night.. I have on so many layers.. 

I wish I could make more time.. I'd love to hit Idaho.. or Utah for like 10 days.. 

... YOLO right?

abc

gas 2.jpg

gas 1.jpg

gas.jpg

Back