When is your Official End of Glamis Season?

My Last Glamis Season Trip Is....

• President's Day

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • Easter Weekend

Votes: 10 21.7%
  • Mid March

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • End of March

Votes: 25 54.3%
  • End? I go year round ...

Votes: 5 10.9%
  • I Only Go When You Don't Need A Pass (Summer)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Fullthrottleguy

Site Sponsor
Reaction score
Wondering When Everyone Ends their Glamis Season ... 

Last edited by a moderator:
it depends.  Mid to late March, but it depends on the year & the weather.  This year, last weekend was the last trip for me.  I just have too much going on.

I have 3 or 4 more trips in me at least.  Usually done by end of May depending on temperature.

Last year we finished it off mid April. It was a hot trip, but we did morning and evening rides. Cranked the AC during the day and took naps. Nobody out there. 960E47B1-FF9C-4800-84C6-C820E066125E.jpeg

Had to call it end of season as my trailer is going in for frame repair. Super bummed as the car is finally solid after such a rough half season.

.. once it's hot.. Glamis is odd. I've gone in May.. also October with 72 degree high.. the 'trick' I've found is LOOK for wind.. once the wind blows, temps can drop 20 degrees right thereafter.. 

abc

PS. I've also been in August, but that was like 35 years ago.. mostly had someone take us up/down the canal and float on tubes, etc... HS buddy got bad sun stroke trying to get a 'wicked' tan at that time... he was puking for days..

Usually by the end of March I'm ready to move onto other hobbies - get ready for river season, yard work, camping at the beach, etc.  I'm going this weekend and am not sure if it will be my last

Usually some point in March is the last trip.  I have gone out in April a few times, if the weather is decent. Usually start doing more dirt trips in April and May.  

Pad 3/5 last April 28th. Just our two rigs for IIRC 4 days. Never went over 85 degrees. Fireplace pic shows pad 3 across the road and the dunes beyond. Awesome to have no one there the whole time. Dunes? Yes beyond epic.

20210427_181219.jpg

20210427_194633 (1).jpg

20210426_165132.jpg

20210428_192445.jpg

I love "season" trips now that my girls ride.  But summer cannot be beat.  By far the best rides and times.

I'm already used to tiny camps so me and a buddy or 2 is all we need.  Fuggetaboutit. 

20190622_185756.jpg

Actually my favorite time of year is those short cool stretches in April and May. Bummer I will miss it this year because we will be in Ireland for 10 days starting end of April. 

73feaf817b604ad39912707906556788.jpg

aEwPEOM_460s_v1.jpg

Did end of April and it was hot. Had a sun net and misters with numerous runs to GDS to refill the water drum. 

Won't sign up for that trip again. 

Fun trip for Heznuts bday but we will pass on future late April trips.

Planning on going next weekend, group usually stops going after Presidents Day, but I love one more trip in March or early April.  I also like it out there with the longer days.  But when the days start getting over 90 degrees, I am out.

Im all about the weather! If its above 80 (more like high 70's) Im done. I dont like the heat and whine more than a little kid who was promised ice cream and then told no!

Course this year my season never got started. I made it to G once, rode the Harley out, had a beer at the store, visited with Mike & Laura on pad 1 then rode home.

End of the year for me is around Aug,  If it is to hot then will Dune down to the lake and hang in the water and then dune at night or early morning,  A lot of

Dune-lifestyle-Renters 

Born into it, die with it, This is the only hobby we do, we go to Imperial dunes, Dumont dunes, Coral Pink, Valley of Fire Dunes, Little Sahara, Sand Hollow and St Anthony Sand Dunes.  does not leave much time for anything else, 

I voted Easter because that's the usual last trip. We have grandson's in sports now so last weekend Feb 26 27 was the end for this season. Its was a great weekend.

By far best rides are in summer. We deal with the heat. You can time trips around the wind. Like said temps drop after a blow.

Never... but seriously my last trip in glamis is March 17th. Then try to do 2 trips to dumont before it boils.. dirt trails here we come.

Anything over 90 and that calls it a season.  

Not going to tear car down early this season, has been weird with weather.

I have gone the last weekend in May when a huge front came thru and dropped the temp to high 70s.  Was the best trip ever with no one being out there.

Back