What Upgrades Are You Planning This Season?

SSSS is this weekend. 
I might find something there that I absolutely must have before the season starts. 

Was not planning on any upgrade, but ended up ordering some new radius rods with F/K heims.   My current radius rods have seen better days and all the heims were shot.   The one thing I did not like about my current radius rods is they were all right hand thread to doing alignment was a pain in the ass.  New set has right and left thread for easy adjustments.   Order them from CA Technologies USA. 

I also swapped out my trailing arms for a new Super ATV prototype that I will be testing. They were cool enough to send me a set.  New design is much better and we shall see how they hold up to Baja in a week. 

After 4 years of building my '17 3 peddle yxz I am finally done other than a wrap/paint. Just got the built motor finished (thanks Weller) bumped up the boost to 12psi and finished up break in at the cinders over memorial day. I might try and get some new shoes for the sand though but its getting to be a pita to find 110mm wheels and too much $$$ to convert to the '19+ 156mm. Out of all the money and time I have spent on this car, the rear 3" IBP shock replacement was the biggest game changer, I cant believe how much this one change fixes the cars handling.

yxz_glamis.jpg

Here are some examples of why you should spend some money on transmission and differentials. Spend a little now to prevent the failure, or spend a lot later after it breaks. Polaris and Arctic Cat high gears, and Can Am front diff gears/housing. 

(Someone smarter than me can rotate the pictures, they are proper orientation on my desktop, but they get rotated when uploading them)

IMG_4687.JPG

IMG_0057.JPG

IMG_0756.jpg

IMG_0757.jpg

Here are some examples of why you should spend some money on transmission and differentials. Spend a little now to prevent the failure, or spend a lot later after it breaks. Polaris and Arctic Cat high gears, and Can Am front diff gears/housing. 

(Someone smarter than me can rotate the pictures, they are proper orientation on my desktop, but they get rotated when uploading them)

View attachment 43531

View attachment 43534

View attachment 43535

View attachment 43536
What issues have you seen with the Can Am Smart Lock front diff?  On my old X3 the ring gear bolts decided to exited the cases after 4,000 miles.  

What issues have you seen with the Can Am Smart Lock front diff?  On my old X3 the ring gear bolts decided to exited the cases after 4,000 miles.  
Diff gears shear the teeth off. The pinion support bearing has too much load on it, and blows out the housing, leading to the bearing failing and falling apart. (We have a fix for this in the works, hopefully here by the end of the year) Along with the typical assembly issues that cause failures by no fault of the user. 

The newest 2022 rock models come with a new version of the Smart Lok diff that has much bigger spider and side gear teeth. These seem to be holding up well after we prep them in some desert cars. They are impossible to get on their own unless you have an "in" with the Can-Am race parts guy, which I do not unfortunately. 

Diff gears shear the teeth off. The pinion support bearing has too much load on it, and blows out the housing, leading to the bearing failing and falling apart. (We have a fix for this in the works, hopefully here by the end of the year) Along with the typical assembly issues that cause failures by no fault of the user. 

The newest 2022 rock models come with a new version of the Smart Lok diff that has much bigger spider and side gear teeth. These seem to be holding up well after we prep them in some desert cars. They are impossible to get on their own unless you have an "in" with the Can-Am race parts guy, which I do not unfortunately. 
My current X3 is a 2021 RC RR.   I will stop by your booth and talk to you more.   

After 4 years of building my '17 3 peddle yxz I am finally done other than a wrap/paint. Just got the built motor finished (thanks Weller) bumped up the boost to 12psi and finished up break in at the cinders over memorial day. I might try and get some new shoes for the sand though but its getting to be a pita to find 110mm wheels and too much $$$ to convert to the '19+ 156mm. Out of all the money and time I have spent on this car, the rear 3" IBP shock replacement was the biggest game changer, I cant believe how much this one change fixes the cars handling.

View attachment 43530
Very Nice!

Back