What Upgrades Are You Planning This Season?

Marlboroman

Site Sponsor
Reaction score
So what's on the upgrade list for your SXS this season? :ez:

New Speed UTV. Then installing my radio & com’s, BD light bar on the front bumper. Mounting whip, dome light & mirrors. Also I’ll do my typical prep before taking it out. 

Also looking at buying a Yiro or Vimetal trailer. Both seem to have a 6-8 week lead time, so I need to get on it if I’m going to do it. Last year I put new tires on my current trailer. Then a few months ago I just replaced all the suspension leaf spring bushings, all new shackles, equalizers, and bolts with zirk fittings for greasing. Current trailer has been great and rock solid. Only reason for looking at a new trailer is to get a longer one.  

I’ve ran out of stuff to upgrade.  I guess it’s time to sell the X3   :laugh1:   I want more power but I don’t want a bunch of issues.  

I’ve ran out of stuff to upgrade.  I guess it’s time to sell the X3   :laugh1:   I want more power but I don’t want a bunch of issues.  
Copy that, just waiting on Foodrill for boxed arms. Gonna install the electric jack today.

Only other change is keeping my TH and Toy Box in Glamis for the season, no more towing to and fro… Dunes edge I guess.

Planning on longer trips.. oh almost forgot, Starlink … so I can work remote.

Other than that… oh wait, gonna straight pipe the dually and add a programmer… Bribe a smog guy.

Looking forward to the season.

abc

358661DE-9753-4CA2-8BEA-F3A41F28A7B6.jpeg

382BD15D-AB25-4B5F-9CBC-FFC43D0F57A9.jpeg

750A6D43-B68C-4E22-B463-51AE584F6DED.jpeg

8642D9CC-5EFE-410F-BD75-E7377E1367D8.jpeg

Making good HP of the X3's is pretty easy and reliable.  What do you have done right now? :ez:

2017 X3 XRS  bone stock. 
2018 Fuel pump, Stage 3R from EVO will give you 200 crank hp on 91 octane.  Huge seat of the pants difference.  Especially coming from the 154 HP model.  VERY, VERY VERY reliable.  We do it every day.  Let me know if you need some help, I can dial you in.  :ez:

2018 Fuel pump, Stage 3R from EVO will give you 200 crank hp on 91 octane.  Huge seat of the pants difference.  Especially coming from the 154 HP model.  VERY, VERY VERY reliable.  We do it every day.  Let me know if you need some help, I can dial you in.  :ez:
We will be taking thanks. 

Maybe some seats.  I do have to install some trailing arms I am testing.  

Friend picked up a 4 seat Pro R so I will help him spend money on some stuff.  Lol! 

I bought some 2” spacers from Team Alba Racing for the rear of my Honda Talon. 
The current rear track with paddles is 74” and the front is 76” wide. So with the spacers the rear will become 78” wide hoping to improve stability. 

This year the focus its about making the car steer and ride better:

New Coil Covers and intake cover (AG Sand Cars)

New Tie Rods & Connection points on spreader bar (Fix Bump  Steer issue. AG Sand Cars)

Brake residual valve for rear calipers (AG Sand Cars)

Replace Clutch Master and add stop (AG Sand Cars)

Change Front end alignment (AG Sand Cars)

Shock rebuild and adjustments (DJ Dumas).

Normal off season Maintenance (me)

Paddle Leaks (Maybe fixed, but I doubt it). (me)

was hoping to do the shock therapy re valve and springs, maybe a radio. but thank you biden for messing that up. now im just glad ill have money for gas to get out there. 

no upgrades, just maintenance

belt, fluids and replace some busted plastics

More.. buddy said too long return it?… nah we’ll just cut it  :rofl:

Also fixing the train horn. Compressor was loose banging on the drive train… still has power, but the thing died.

abc

PS. Drop hitch has the trailer nice n level... cool tongue weight gauge on it.

FBA1B95C-54FC-4D7A-B95C-ED0F9B56AD93.jpeg

C7E26947-F363-4F2F-94BA-B91ADEF9DBA1.jpeg

0FE55A47-0F30-4B2B-84EF-50D50B42E9CA.jpeg

947D9BD3-6CFD-4939-9656-AFAD937F2DFE.jpeg

B5551808-BF16-4FF9-9AAF-ECF42005696C.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
2022 X3 XRS Turbo RR...already done Front shock tower support, front bulkhead and rear bumper/spare tire carrier.

Just got my regisration plate holder from Axia and side mirrors from Kemimoto.

SSSS is hopefully where I will find the Door bag storage and the one for in between the seats.

I need a whip and mount too. I may hit up @John@Outfront for one of his folding mounts, not sure if he still sells those??

2022 X3 XRS Turbo RR...already done Front shock tower support, front bulkhead and rear bumper/spare tire carrier.

Just got my regisration plate holder from Axia and side mirrors from Kemimoto.

SSSS is hopefully where I will find the Door bag storage and the one for in between the seats.

I need a whip and mount too. I may hit up @John@Outfront for one of his folding mounts, not sure if he still sells those??
Chupacabra makes some nice affordable X3 door bags and Nick will be at the show. 

There are several brands that make whip mounts. I have not seen the folding ones in a while as most whips are quick disconnect now days. 

was hoping to do the shock therapy re valve and springs, maybe a radio. but thank you biden for messing that up. now im just glad ill have money for gas to get out there. 
We get it bud.  Time are tough for sure. If you are ever in the market for a custom shock turn and springs let me know. I’ve been doing shocks for 15+ years. I do about 200 UTV’s a year. Good luck. :ez:

We get it bud.  Time are tough for sure. If you are ever in the market for a custom shock turn and springs let me know. I’ve been doing shocks for 15+ years. I do about 200 UTV’s a year. Good luck. :ez:
Do you just do Rzr Suspension?

Back