What Truck Stop App or Card Do You Like?

Dockmaster

Reaction score
I’m picking up my new Moho in two weeks. It has twin saddle tanks and best filled from both sides so truck stops will be my preferred way to fuel. I believe there are some apps or fuel cards that you can get even if you don’t have a big commercial account. What do you guys have that you like? I would prefer to not have to go into the counter every time which only pisses off the trucks behind you waiting to fuel. Plus I think some offer similar discounts that the commercial guys get? 

TSD logistics has an RV card that gives you the large fleet discounts and the card works at the pump, you don't have to go inside. There's also an app which allows you to map out a route and shows how much of a discount at each station so you can choose where you want to stop for fuel. They get 10% of your savings, but you can still save a decent amount, depending on which part of the country you're in.

I just used the TSD card last week at the Loves in westmoreland. I think Loves has a loyalty program that may get an additional discount too. I just like that I can fill up 60 gallons in like 5 minutes. 

8EB5A4A5-11F1-4B1B-9687-63B592988C7F.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
TSD logistics has an RV card that gives you the large fleet discounts and the card works at the pump, you don't have to go inside. There's also an app which allows you to map out a route and shows how much of a discount at each station so you can choose where you want to stop for fuel. They get 10% of your savings, but you can still save a decent amount, depending on which part of the country you're in.
Does that work at any, or at least most truck stops? Love’s, Pilot, etc? How do you get a TSD card? 

It's pretty easy to sign up. You have to give them debit card access to a bank account, so their card is like another debit card, so choose which account accordingly. I've heard of RVers saving up over $1/gal per fill up in some of the midwestern and eastern states. Back over a yr ago when diesel was still about $2.25/gal or so, they were getting it for around $1.15 or $1.20/gal, but I'm sure as prices have risen, the discount might still be $1/gal, but it's a lower percentage. There's also a FB page and *I'm guessing* they have an Insta account and a Twitter account, although I've never looked for them.

https://www.tsdlogistics.com/services/fuel-program/

Truck stops are usually $.40+ higher per gallon than most regular fuel stations. Not all of them but most of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know if this card works at Pacific Pride fueling stations? There is one near my house. 

When do you find out your discount? At the pump after you have fueled?

When do you find out your discount? At the pump after you have fueled?
I usually get an email the next day. I think there is an app that will tell you what the price is at certain stations. 

You just use the Open Roads app to use the TSD card.  Use the map and it shows you all the gas prices.  Lets you plan your fill ups that way.  I have been using it for about 3 years.  It will work at any truck stop, but you would just pay full price if they are not part of the program.  They use to be at the Pilots and such but I guess they got in a pissing match with some RV discount company and had to remove it.  

IMG_5052.PNG

I signed up for the TSD program last year. It'll work at all truck stops as far as I know, but not all will get discounts. The app will show you which stations are giving the discounts and such. I signed up after our big trip last year so I haven't used it yet but I wish I would've known about it beforehand! I had signed up for the Pilot/Flying J rewards before that trip and it was claimed to be able to use at the truck pumps with a card on file so that's what I did. Found out quickly that it did not work for RV drivers so it was waste, mostly. You do get a slight discount when you scan/enter your rewards number but still have to go inside to pay at the truck pumps.

It's pretty easy to sign up. You have to give them debit card access to a bank account, so their card is like another debit card, so choose which account accordingly. I've heard of RVers saving up over $1/gal per fill up in some of the midwestern and eastern states. Back over a yr ago when diesel was still about $2.25/gal or so, they were getting it for around $1.15 or $1.20/gal, but I'm sure as prices have risen, the discount might still be $1/gal, but it's a lower percentage. There's also a FB page and *I'm guessing* they have an Insta account and a Twitter account, although I've never looked for them.

https://www.tsdlogistics.com/services/fuel-program/
TSD, I use it all the time. It does not work at red earth, but most others. Their apps works great too for mapping for best price. 

Thanks everyone. I sent in my application a few days ago and have the app on my phone now. Too bad you can’t use Pilot as there are a bunch of those around. 

Another vote for TSD. I've used it for a few years now and it's saved quite a bit of money. I've found that TAs and Petros provide the biggest discount, followed by Loves and then some Mom & Pop places. About a year ago, TSD and Pilot/Flying J got in a pissing contest because Pilot/Flying J also accepts Good Sam or some other RV discount card and had the rights to the fuel. So TSD had to take a backseat and not provide the discount.

I don't use it going to Glamis as I usually fuel up at Red Earth and save there (Thanks to the Indians) but it's been used up and down California, Oregon, Nevada, and Idaho. You will not see the savings at the pump but will get an e-mail a day or two later with the break down and what was pulled out of your bank account.

Andrew

Another vote for TSD. I've used it for a few years now and it's saved quite a bit of money. I've found that TAs and Petros provide the biggest discount, followed by Loves and then some Mom & Pop places. About a year ago, TSD and Pilot/Flying J got in a pissing contest because Pilot/Flying J also accepts Good Sam or some other RV discount card and had the rights to the fuel. So TSD had to take a backseat and not provide the discount.

I don't use it going to Glamis as I usually fuel up at Red Earth and save there (Thanks to the Indians) but it's been used up and down California, Oregon, Nevada, and Idaho. You will not see the savings at the pump but will get an e-mail a day or two later with the break down and what was pulled out of your bank account.

Andrew
When you go to red earth do you have to go inside to pay? 

When you go to red earth do you have to go inside to pay? 
Yes. Typically use cash and pay inside. I normally hate going in fuel stops but I usually pick up a pass and a drink while I'm in there.

Back