What tools/spares/recovery items do you keep in your car?

I'm the one guy that carries the HF 1/2" breaker bar.

In addition to most of the items listed above I have a long, fine tooth recip saw blade.  It's been very handy. 

Also a kitchen trash bag for greasy parts.

Reactions: FOG
I carry pretty much the same but added a battery powered battery jumper, clevis, 20 foot of electrical wire, phone charger cable, small tapered pry bar/ punch, Rescue tape( stuff is awesome).
Also a good knife and a test light. A jack can also come in handy.

Small 12V portable air compressor, hammer, Velcro straps like the ones used to strap down the small playmate six-pack coolers on quads...and definitely ratcheting straps. 

Domestic and Metric sockets & combination wrenches, Crescent Hammer, Dikes, Needle nose, Linesman, Stripper/crimper, Chanel Locks, Tie Wire, 10' of 12G wire (Black of course), But Splices, ring Terminals, Ratchet Straps (2 small one large), Test Light, Multi Meter, Serpentine Belt, Elect Tape, Duct Tape, tire plug kit, both small & large relays, Toggle switch, every Fuse you could think of. bunch of hose clamps, the fill the rest of the bag full of nuts and bolts & keep shaking until the bag is COMPLETELY full and about 90 Lbs.  LOL. 

Compressor, Go Tread (traction boards.  Also works for Truck when stuck in wash.  LOL).  extra gloves, lots of water, energy bars, Hat, spare goggles, blanket, Tow Strap.

Last edited by a moderator:
Domestic and Metric sockets & combination wrenches, Crescent Hammer, Dikes, Needle nose, Linesman, Stripper/crimper, Chanel Locks, Tie Wire, 10' of 12G wire (Black of course), But Splices, ring Terminals, Ratchet Straps (2 small one large), Test Light, Multi Meter, Serpentine Belt, Elect Tape, Duct Tape, tire plug kit, both small & large relays, Toggle switch, every Fuse you could think of. bunch of hose clamps, the fill the rest of the bag full of nuts and bolts & keep shaking until the bag is COMPLETELY full and about 90 Lbs.  LOL. 

Compressor, Go Tread (traction boards.  Also works for Truck when stuck in wash.  LOL).  extra gloves, lots of water, energy bars, Hat, spare goggles, blanket, Tow Strap.
You carry all this in your sand rail????  Holy crap!!!!!!

Yep, tool bag strapped down right here in front of the footrest for the passenger.

Go-Treads on the "Hump" with a velcro Strap, the rest in the trunk with the food/water.  I liked being prepared & we used just about all of it.  in fact, I would add something else just about every trip (because we needed it for someone & didnt have it.  That ensured that we would never need it again.  LOL)

1.jpg

20201206_103619.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty much everything you listed plus a kinetic rope, 12V air compressor, plug kit, and jump box w/phone charger cable.

I have a 4 seater and that all gets strapped into one of the rear seats. Makes it a 3 seater I suppose.

Night time when taking the highway to the hill, I'll take that stuff out to make room for the dirtbike riders in the group to tag a long and go to the hill for a beverage

so i broke a Midboard bearing a couple of years ago and the rear wheel almost fell off,   I really cant afford to have a spare midboard,   My thought was to take a combo spindle with a plate or 2'' hollow with a plate that has the midboard bolt patter,   I was also going to do this with a pipe to offset it far enough away from the arm so you would not have to pull the axle 

What everyone thoughts on that 

Seems like a decent idea. Let's say they are G1 midboards,  then just about anyone with G1 stuff could use it.  My point is it's not just a tool for your car.  

I've always liked the sled idea but Making that universal would be a bit more challenging.  And storing it....  :( 

If you didnt remove it what would you do with the axle?

Back