What tools/spares/recovery items do you keep in your car?

Mac

Reaction score
I'm going through the offseason update/refresh and one of the things I'm going through is tools.  I'm putting together a new tool roll/bags.  

I've never needed anything out of the ordinary but I have a couple extra pouches on my tool roll and it has me stumped.

Current list:
- Screwdrivers, allen wrenches
- Pliers, wire cutters, needle nose, crescent wrench, vise grips
- Wrench sets (SAE, metric)
- 1/4 and 3/8 socket/ratchet set
- Hammer

Spares bag:
- Spare CV with bolts and clips
- Electrical connectors, fuses, tape
- Zip ties
- Heims
- Various bolts/hardware
- Can of brake cleaner
- Grease
- Jumper cables

And of course:
- Tow strap
- Tie downs
- Rubber gloves
- Paper towels
- Toilet paper

What are you emergency/recovery items?

Last edited by a moderator:
I carry pretty much the same but added a battery powered battery jumper, clevis, 20 foot of electrical wire, phone charger cable, small tapered pry bar/ punch, Rescue tape( stuff is awesome).

Last edited by a moderator:
I did a couple tool rolls last season for my car and my sons SxS. All Harbour Freight stuff except for the tool roll itself. 

To add to your list-

Long 12g wire with alligator clips on both ends for a jumper. 

Fuses

Long hose to syphon and transfer fuel

Screenshot_20221222_192446_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Soft shackles
Good channel locks
5 pin relays
20A circuit breaker for those intermittent problems
Since I have a Nissan: spare ignitor chip 

And of course: First Aid.

Reactions: FOG
Oh, and laugh all you want:

51Hc7D0gVEL._AC_.jpg

That thing has bailed me out.  LOL

I forgot to add, I also carry a tire plug kit.

I'll be adding wire and JB Weld for sure.   I didn't think about a hose but that's an easy add too.

No spare hoses anymore.  This stuff is amazing:

71AqVT4GFkS._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

I've repaired a Jeep's power steering high pressure side hose with this.  Still leaked, but had enough holding power to let him use steering normally unless it was on the stop or smooshed into a rock (which would then piss fluid).  Coolant hoses, fuel hoses, vacuum hoses?  No sweat.

We have a good assortment between all cars in our group, but if we need more/different, we just run back to camp.

Never been gone for more than 30min round trip.

Couple spare hiems. 12pt socket to fit cv bolts. my medic has a awesome first aid set up too that packs very nice

All of you got jokes... @HozayKwarvo only has a 4 seater so he can have room for all the sh*t he packs with him.  Dude seriously has everything with him. 

#boyscout   :lol:

Not really a tool-  but a working GPS on your and at least one buddies car - that you know how to use and use quickly...You should be able to go back to camp and get help / tools / and make it back quickly. 

Flashlight - surprised it hasn't been listed yet.

Back