What do you think. Leaking side wall.

Grease Monkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So I bought a new set of dune sports. 

14.5 x 17.

Super stoked to have a new set of tires on fresh powder coated rims. Not a single bead leak. 

I see this a few minutes later. 

Leaks at the side wall where the casting nipples are. 

Only this one tire. 

Called Kartek and was told this is normal and just to use some tire sealant. 

Went from stoked to bummed. Was not expecting this from a new tire. 

What say you?

PXL_20210721_200935176.jpg

I've owned 5 sets of dune sports and never had this issue. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't imagine Funco selling a new F9 for $200k ish with tires that have leaks like that.  Definitely does not seem 'normal' to me.

"Due to COIVD"...

I have a big feeling we are going to see this lack of quality and quality control in things for a long time to come.  Places have been closed down and it ranges from raw materials to finished product arriving at the customer's doorstep.  Each step along the way is a decrease in custom service and quality.

Pile on top of that, job dissatisfaction, people who now think they deserve more pay due to having their cheese to do nothing, along with media misinformation and complete lack of substitutes and businesses no longer around.  "Don't like it?  Oh...tough sh*t."

"Due to COIVD"...

I have a big feeling we are going to see this lack of quality and quality control in things for a long time to come.  Places have been closed down and it ranges from raw materials to finished product arriving at the customer's doorstep.  Each step along the way is a decrease in custom service and quality.

What has hit us most from our vendors is long lead times "because of the current market".  Then I go on Amazon, and can have it by the next day.  Email vendor back, try again sh*t bag, Amazon has them.  You can have them shipped to me. 

So I bought a new set of dune sports. 

14.5 x 17.

Super stoked to have a new set of tires on fresh powder coated rims. Not a single bead leak. 

I see this a few minutes later. 

Leaks at the side wall where the casting nipples are. 

Only this one tire. 

Called Kartek and was told this is normal and just to use some tire sealant. 

Went from stoked to bummed. Was not expecting this from a new tire. 

What say you?

View attachment 9673
There is no way that is normal!!!!

I would say no way that is normal for a new tire and can’t believe Kartek is Taking the low road on this  they need to step up and do the right thing here. I have bought a lot of parts from them through the years and have always been treated fair this so-called new normal sucks I would take another run at them that is just wrong.

Throw the tire through their window like the old lady did. 

What has hit us most from our vendors is long lead times "because of the current market".  Then I go on Amazon, and can have it by the next day.  Email vendor back, try again sh*t bag, Amazon has them.  You can have them shipped to me. 
I'd email them back that they just lost me as a custom because I just bought them off Amazon.

So tired of people and excuses these days.

It was one phone call to them and the person who answered said just add sealant. Listened to my disappointment and repeated add berrymans. 

Here I am. 

I'm going to unmount and drive out there. No time for this shit. But that's what I think needs to be done. 

Heaven forbid I run this tire and the side wall craps out. No one's gonna give me a tire then. 

I try to get people to do the right thing. I always do. But seems I just need to be dick to get what's right. 

Not a dick, don't want to be a dick, but gawd dammit I'm tired of getting dicked.

I'd email them back that they just lost me as a custom because I just bought them off Amazon.

So tired of people and excuses these days.
We buy $20k PLC system off them.  Those companies aren't a dime a dozen.  I just need to keep them in check sometimes...

Back