What beer fridge do you use in your toy hauler or rv?

I bought a Rovsun 12v/24v 53 qt fridge. It has a deep end and a shallow end. If you set it to about 23*, the shallow end stays about 23* for food and beer, but the deep end will stay about -4* for ice cream, frozen food, etc. It draws about 35 - 40w when it's running, which is maybe 20-30 min per hr., depending on ambient temp. It's only about $280 on Amazon.
Similar from Amazon we just bought.  Works great.

Hmmmm... what's your floorplan like?  Free-standing dinette, or booth-style?  If free-standing, how much space do you have?  I've seen people put a cooler like the one I linked above under a free-standing dinette (I suppose it could work in a booth-style too if the size was just right) pushed back up against the cabinets/wall so that 2 people can still use the dinette.  Outside is probably a better solution, but it sounds like you don't want to use up bays.  What about in the trailer?  IIRC you have an enclosed right?  

-TJ
26’ enclosed for G. I could find space but when im not towing it I am pressed for space in the moho. Getting a Jeep so I may use it for cargo. 

May put something it and a smoker in the back

No room under the table. 
Bay (only have 1) is full! 

26’ enclosed for G. I could find space but when im not towing it I am pressed for space in the moho. Getting a Jeep so I may use it for cargo. 

May put something it and a smoker in the back

No room under the table. 
Bay (only have 1) is full! 
Look into that NewAir deal I posted above.  Throw that in the back of the Jeep 'til you get to camp, then find a shady spot outside for it.  Setup some kinda smoker mount on the hitch on the Jeep.  

-TJ

Just to report back: Amazon 12V fridge did great on the last camping trip. Never missed a beat and never dropped battery voltage enough to cause issues starting. 

Just to report back: Amazon 12V fridge did great on the last camping trip. Never missed a beat and never dropped battery voltage enough to cause issues starting. 
Would you mind sharing the info on the one you have?

How Big solar panels wattage do I need to keep 12 volt batteries charged ?

Would you mind sharing the info on the one you have?

How Big solar panels wattage do I need to keep 12 volt batteries charged ?
https://www.amazon.com/AstroAI-Refrigerator-Portable-Freezer-Compressor/dp/B088FF4R3Y/ref=sr_1_7?crid=1EH9U2M49BXMA&dchild=1&keywords=12v+refrigerator&qid=1627484484&sprefix=12v+ref%2Caps%2C203&sr=8-7

Not sure on solar panels.  It was in my Jeep, which I run for a couple of hours daily when camping (since Jeeping is the point of our camping trips).  Fridge stayed in the Jeep all week, never killed the battery.  On a 85*F day, it appears to run for about 5 minutes 1-2 times per hour during the day, and about 5 min every 2 hours at night, and has a 5A power supply (no clue on actual draw, didn't measure).  So, worst case, this means it probably consumes about 10-20ah or 120-240wh/day.  This is just a guess though. :biggrin:

One thing to note: the wiring that comes with it isn't very thick (plenty for rated load, but there's some voltage drop) and when combined with the cigarette lighter wiring to the trunk area ends up with significant voltage drop.  I plugged mine in, compared the screen's display to what my DMM said on my battery (-1.5v), and adjusted the battery protection to "Medium" (cutoff at 10.5v) since I didn't want the starting battery dropping below 12v.  With the default setting ("High"), it would turn off after about 30 minutes on battery.

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.amazon.com/AstroAI-Refrigerator-Portable-Freezer-Compressor/dp/B088FF4R3Y/ref=sr_1_7?crid=1EH9U2M49BXMA&dchild=1&keywords=12v+refrigerator&qid=1627484484&sprefix=12v+ref%2Caps%2C203&sr=8-7

Not sure on solar panels.  It was in my Jeep, which I run for a couple of hours daily when camping (since Jeeping is the point of our camping trips).  Fridge stayed in the Jeep all week, never killed the battery.  On a 85*F day, it appears to run for about 5 minutes 1-2 times per hour during the day, and about 5 min every 2 hours at night, and has a 5A power supply (no clue on actual draw, didn't measure).  So, worst case, this means it probably consumes about 10-20ah or 120-240wh/day.  This is just a guess though. :biggrin:

One thing to note: the wiring that comes with it isn't very thick (plenty for rated load, but there's some voltage drop) and when combined with the cigarette lighter wiring to the trunk area ends up with significant voltage drop.  I plugged mine in, compared the screen's display to what my DMM said on my battery (-1.5v), and adjusted the battery protection to "Medium" (cutoff at 10.5v) since I didn't want the starting battery dropping below 12v.  With the default setting ("High"), it would turn off after about 30 minutes on battery.
Thanks for the info. 

Back