What beer fridge do you use in your toy hauler or rv?

Jrauscher1

Reaction score
What beer fridge do you use in your toy hauler or rv? I have seen in some motorhomes and buses in the underbelly storage a 12 volt fridge that will keep your beer ice cold with out the need of ice. Looking for opinions and options on what to buy.

Thanks,

John

I bought a Rovsun 12v/24v 53 qt fridge. It has a deep end and a shallow end. If you set it to about 23*, the shallow end stays about 23* for food and beer, but the deep end will stay about -4* for ice cream, frozen food, etc. It draws about 35 - 40w when it's running, which is maybe 20-30 min per hr., depending on ambient temp. It's only about $280 on Amazon.

Who has time for beer to sit in a fridge? I can barely keep the big 150qt igloo full.....

foam-cooler.jpg

My Mountain Aire (and my previous Dutch Star) both have Dometics on slide-outs in the first storage bay on the curb-side.  As others have said, beer is best on ice... but the convenience is hard to pass up.  For long-long trips you can change it to a freezer and stock up on frozen meats and stuff too (I'm talking multi-week, even month+ trips where things would spoil in the fridge).  

EDIT: I did get this: https://www.newair.com/products/newair-portable-80-qt-electric-car-camping-cooler for Broverlanding, and so far it's been great. 

-TJ

Last edited by a moderator:
While I am a huge fan of the Beer on ice, these things get colder than ice.
The Tech on this stuff made today is super cool. Add Solar that can help keep the batteries charged....can be a kick ass setup.

But I always see Glamis as dry camping, so my mind says "keep it simple". Hey, here comes the Ice cream truck...or drink warm beer :lol:

The Tech on this stuff made today is super cool. Add Solar that can help keep the batteries charged....can be a kick ass setup.

But I always see Glamis as dry camping, so my mind says "keep it simple". Hey, here comes the Ice cream truck...or drink warm beer :lol:
10-4

I still keep my beer on ice and I use the electric cooler for just ice.

This thing allows me to bring 50lbs. of ice that I don't have to buy out there.

I hate buying ice out there.

My rv fridge sucks for beer. Im also limited on storage in the bays. Need a good solution

Last edited by a moderator:
Big cooler....freeze some 1 gallon jugs and place them in, fill up with ice cold delicious beverages, then ice bags on top!

:dbart:

The frozen jugs really help though.

My rv fridge sucks for beer. Im also limited on storage in the bays. Need a good solution
Hmmmm... what's your floorplan like?  Free-standing dinette, or booth-style?  If free-standing, how much space do you have?  I've seen people put a cooler like the one I linked above under a free-standing dinette (I suppose it could work in a booth-style too if the size was just right) pushed back up against the cabinets/wall so that 2 people can still use the dinette.  Outside is probably a better solution, but it sounds like you don't want to use up bays.  What about in the trailer?  IIRC you have an enclosed right?  

-TJ

Hmmmm... what's your floorplan like?  Free-standing dinette, or booth-style?  If free-standing, how much space do you have?  I've seen people put a cooler like the one I linked above under a free-standing dinette (I suppose it could work in a booth-style too if the size was just right) pushed back up against the cabinets/wall so that 2 people can still use the dinette.  Outside is probably a better solution, but it sounds like you don't want to use up bays.  What about in the trailer?  IIRC you have an enclosed right?  

-TJ
I put mine in the box trailer.

With a pair of 6 volt AGM's and a solar panel it works just fine.

Back