What Are You Listening To

I mean, seems like every day we are losing those who made the music of our upbringing (if you are of a certain age and liked certain kinds of music). 

RIP Spot…(Glenn Lockett).   Producer of many early SST (Black Flag, Minuitemen Husker Du) records from Spin Art Studios in Hermosa Beach

He was also the staff photographer for the local Easy Reader newspaper and documented the early skateboard, roller skate and punks scenes in the South Bay in the late 70s / early 80s

Google "Sounds of Two Eyes Opening - Southern California Life : Skate/Beach/Punk 1969-1982 " for a glimpse of his photos.  If you can an original copy of the book from 2015, it will set you back more than a pretty penny . . .

image.png

image.png

RIP David Lindley, virtuosso slide player and multi instrumentalist who played on all of he seminal Jackson Brown, Warren Zevon, Linda Ronstadt records as well a many others, including a hit of a cover of Mercury Blues with his own band El Rayo - Xx

Seems appropriate that we "play some Skynyrd".  Gary Rossington (last original band member) has passed way.  RIP.

40 years ago today....fawk I'm feelimg OLD.

:chew:

Reactions: Mac
In honor of "International Women's Day"...

On 3/7/2023 at 4:40 PM, Crusty said:

I remember walking to school that day. I was maybe a 1/4 mile away.  While we didn't live in that district at the time it was right next door.  The next year we moved into that neighborhood and my sisters went to that school.  It wasn't until the fourth of July when I lit off some firecrackers when I found out that one of the kids who lived close by was one of the wounded.  A few years back I was watching a show on the shooting and they interviewed that kid.... Let's just say that he did not adjust well in life.  Pretty sad actually.

8th grade was a pretty wierd year with the Brenda Spencer thing and seeing the PSA plane go down all within maybe 5 months.

I discovered this cool song and talented singer by accident.  I like this guy, and I hope Dayseeker is getting airtime or concert bookings somewhere.  In my 2023 playlist, dominated by all the phonk music I'm into these days, Dayseeker is one of the few non-phonk songs I had to have in there.

And these guys made it into my 2023 playlist too. I was looking for new stuff, and I like them.

Back