What Are You Listening To

After rockin out to JBLZE last night I woke up jonesing for something similar. These you ladies suffice nicely.

21 hours ago, aceisback said:

After rockin out to JBLZE last night I woke up jonesing for something similar. These you ladies suffice nicely.

Yep, they played that. Was my third time seeing and first time that they had Four Sticks in the set list.

Outstanding show all the way.

Yep, they played that. Was my third time seeing and first time that they had Four Sticks in the set list.

Outstanding show all the way.
Was so glad I got to go to a No Quarter/ UnLedded show. And yes they played four sticks

I wish Jimmy would put together something like this with Jason and some great players for one more round of shows. I understand Robert isn't into it and JPJ  doesn't care to although he would show up and cash the checks. 

Page might not have the chops some of the new guys have but he has something that the new ones just don't have. and that is groove and cool.  to really understand what makes JP so bad ass. Watch his head bob to the groove then, look at his foot tap to where the beat is

He’s feeling it for sure.
John Paul Jones is so underrated as to his contribution to Zeppelin. A major force and influence in their sound but Page gets all of the attention, in part due to the whole Clapton/Page/Beck debate at the time.

Awesome soundtrack to our lives from all of them.

He’s feeling it for sure.
John Paul Jones is so underrated as to his contribution to Zeppelin. A major force and influence in their sound but Page gets all of the attention, in part due to the whole Clapton/Page/Beck debate at the time.

Awesome soundtrack to our lives from all of them.
Bohnam was the Engine, He kept straight time over odd time signatures or odd could switch it around the other way and either way it felt in time and it felt simple.

Page was the conductor and visionary 

JPJ could take what both of them were doing and make it work. He could switch keys, modes or instruments  seamlessly.

Plant was the story teller and master of ceremonies who had a instrument in his voice that could rival the others in range. 

The genius of the three of them and the reason they called it a day after 9/25/1980 was nobody could ever improvise like the three of them could. 

Back