What Are You Listening To

22 hours ago, Rockwood said:

High-fallootin right now…

That was a lot like Iron Maiden minus two of their three guitarists, the drummer, and the bass player.lol Nice listen.

31 minutes ago, 9rocky said:

Well that was quite odd with my morning coffee! Never heard of these guys but now I must go check them out.

Well that was quite odd with my morning coffee! Never heard of these guys but now I must go check them out.
They are a good band. Different, as they break into jazz type riffs in  a lot of their songs.

I liked this version just because of his voice, after hearing the story behind the recording of it and how it got on the record. I like it even more.

Seems the lead singer was allowed  by the widow of the late Ronnie Van Zant to live in her pool house and write songs while he was trying to get a deal.  He would sing that song for her while he stayed there. When he got some studio time to demo a few songs. He asked if there was enough time at the end he could record the song for her.  He told the label he did not have permission from the band he wasn't going to ask for it he just wanted to make a recording for her as a thank you for letting him stay in the pool house.

So it was recorded. Everybody told him he was foolish if he didn't ask for the permission to put it on the record.  He delivered it to her and she told him that he would be foolish not to include.  

It got included

Been a big Ace and KISS fan for a few years now. Since 1975 actually. Had never heard this song before. Stumbled upon it while looking for Hurdy Gurdy Man with some footage from Zodiac! 
Ace be going off…

Back