What Are You Listening To

30 Years ago in 44 days starting right around now all of the following records came out

Guns & Roses, Use Your Illusion's I & II

Metallica, The Black Album

Soundgarden, Bad Motor Finger

Pearl Jam, Ten

Nirvana, Nevermind

Red Hot Chili Peppers, Blood Sugar Magic

I think over the next dew weeks might just have to re-visit some of those great records.

30 Years ago in 44 days starting right around now all of the following records came out

Pearl Jam, Ten

Nirvana, Nevermind

I think over the next dew weeks might just have to re-visit some of those great records.
I was a year out of High-school and had my first place living alone......crazy good times!

The only band I didn't see in concert that year was GnR.

RHCP, Nirvana and PJ I saw the the LA Forum, PJ got booed off the stage...was funny. Nirv killed it and RHCP wore sock on their cocks...was a great show.

I was a year out of High-school and had my first place living alone......crazy good times!

The only band I didn't see in concert that year was GnR.

RHCP, Nirvana and PJ I saw the the LA Forum, PJ got booed off the stage...was funny. Nirv killed it and RHCP wore sock on their cocks...was a great show.
Only one I never got to see was Nirvana.

Got to see Soundgarden open for GnR.

PJ I didn't get into until just before Vitology and didn't see them until No Code, 

Metallica I didn't go and see live until the  Load/ Reload era.

Chili Peppers I saw in a little bar with the original line up, they sucked I didn't like the tunes and they were sloppy, Got to see them again  around BSM though and they were a lot better. It was also the concert a buddy of mine made laminates using the radio station stickers and his DIY laminate machine. Walked right thru the back gate and right up on the sound board. Nobody even blinked at the passes.

Pearl Jam, Ten

Nirvana, Nevermind

OK, I will start...

Reactions: MWB
Funny, out of all of those records, I only really liked Nirvana and Sound Garden.  Was never a Pearl Jam fan, but methinks the Temple of the Dog record is one of the best to come out of that era.

Imo, Guns was already becoming a joke by that time (see Axl in shorts on stage).  Face it, when Izzy left, it was over.  Peas

Also, 45 years ago yesterday, the Runaways played CBGBs  . . .

0b2c072e3884416c11b0da7dcd546e2776f87540.jpg

Back