Went to Italy, what an amazing place,

Great pictures and thanks for sharing.

We just got back from Germany, where we rented a car and went to Belgium, Amsterdam , into  Germany , then Prague, Munich, Austria, then back into Germany again and flew home.

I love driving over there as it’s easy to see out of the way places. Your pictures make me think Italy is next.

I have friends that bought places over there and stay there six months out of the year..  it is incredibly affordable compared to here..

I grew up in San Diego and while you learn history you don’t really see it on the west coast because everything is new..   first time I went to Philly I was blown away seeing buildings that were from the 1600’s etc..   when you goto Europe some of these structures are thousands of years old.   It’s mind blowing. 

italy is on my todo list!   I want to tour all of Europe but it’s hard because we always have so much shit going on. 

Really appreciate the thread and the pics!!   Absolutely incredible. 

RD

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks everyone,  I cant remember a place that i wanted to get right back to, not even the dunes,  and i can not wait to go back,  it is truly my favorite place.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks everyone,  I can remember a place that i wanted to get right back to, not even the dunes, and i cannot wait to go back,  it is truly my favorite place.  
We did the same trip for the most part except we used a cruise ship to get from place to place instead of the train.  Have some of the same pictures, including the first one. While we didn't get to Tuscany, we did make it to Veniece.

If you do go back to the area.

Monte Carlo is a must for any car/ race fan, Barcelona was pretty cool and I enjoyed Croatia as much if not more than Italy, it had more of a laid-back atmosphere. 

I didn't like France, Greece or Bosnia 

We did the same trip for the most part except we used a cruise ship to get from place to place instead of the train.  Have some of the same pictures, including the first one. While we didn't get to Tuscany, we did make it to Veniece.

If you do go back to the area.

Monte Carlo is a must for any car/ race fan, Barcelona was pretty cool and I enjoyed Croatia as much if not more than Italy, it had more of a laid-back atmosphere. 

I didn't like France, Greece or Bosnia 
My 3 kids just got back from Greece, Italy and Spain, they said Greece was by far the best, food and people.  One thing they said about all the places, be prepared for lots of smokers.  They were at Lake Como in Italy, their comment not much to do for 20yr olds, lots of old money.

why not on all 3 of these particularly Greece, I have been wanting to go there..........
We only stopped at one island in Greece one city in France (Nice) and one place in Bosnia. The people in those places just had a strange vibe. Greece it seemed like we were intruding, Bosnia they just seemed rude and Nice, well that was just a few months before the truck attack, we actually walked along where the truck would drive thru and kill all of those people. The only way to put Nice was it just didn't feel right for some reason, like everyone was watching everyone. 

@Cookie said, everyone smokes in italy,  

I just went to the grocery store to get Basil, got the best Basil i could find and it only has have the flavor of Italy,  dam it,   Tuscany is a large area,  so some parts of Tuscany is like Napa CA

the other part like Montepulciano italy is out of this world, Besides Roma, it was my Favorite place, 

Check out 

Montepulciano 

Looks like a great trip. Hope to do the same..........................chEFF..................you just did that! Peace

We only stopped at one island in Greece one city in France (Nice) and one place in Bosnia. The people in those places just had a strange vibe. Greece it seemed like we were intruding, Bosnia they just seemed rude and Nice, well that was just a few months before the truck attack, we actually walked along where the truck would drive thru and kill all of those people. The only way to put Nice was it just didn't feel right for some reason, like everyone was watching everyone.
Personal space isn’t a thing in Europe in general, but especially Greece. A lot of the countries with previous Islamic influence are also a bit rough. Just a part of the culture, embrace it. :D

Speaking of: driving in Italy is an absolute experience. Just don’t make eye contact or crash, and you’re fine. Traffic laws are suggestions, and appear to only enforce fault in the event of an accident…

Personal space isn’t a thing in Europe in general, but especially Greece. A lot of the countries with previous Islamic influence are also a bit rough. Just a part of the culture, embrace it. :D

Speaking of: driving in Italy is an absolute experience. Just don’t make eye contact or crash, and you’re fine. Traffic laws are suggestions, and appear to only enforce fault in the event of an accident…
Tailgating is a life style there. LOL!!!

In the big cities, When you get to The middle of Tuscany, you go 1 mile a hour over or roll at a stop then they will pull you over, ever patrol car in Tuscany had someone pulled over, never seen a patrol car idol in that area, Sorento and Capri was the wildest driving i have ever seen, and Roma was in the middle not super crazy like Sorento, but no like the US,

@Cookie said, everyone smokes in italy,

I just went to the grocery store to get Basil, got the best Basil i could find and it only has have the flavor of Italy, dam it, Tuscany is a large area, so some parts of Tuscany is like Napa CA

the other part like Montepulciano italy is out of this world, Besides Roma, it was my Favorite place,

Check out

Montepulciano

Try growing your own. Just snip off the leaves, and it grows right back!

Works for me.

20240831_230423.jpg

Back