Watch out sandcars peeps, the new 25' canam Maverick r Max is out

It is getting crazy now,  every motor we build seems to have a Whipple, Maggie, or Turbos, and the NA stuff is Tall decks 454 468,  and the stress of the sheetmetal, big axles, transaxle parts 

I am ready to do a 2 seat S4 STock ls3 no-hood  no-radios,  and small tires and drive it forever,  

2660 dry. Add fluids and gas it will another 120 pounds.then comes the mariachi stereo system cooler of trulys and 3-4 adults your gonna be at 3500-3700 pounds pretty easy. 

that lil 1000cc engine will be working on the hills from lack of torque. Sure 240 hp but a twin cylinder small engine?torque is what helps move these things and when weight increases it’s gonna slow it down and give up reliability if you try and push more. 

6' wider than the other as well, at least there is that. Bleh, kinda dissapointed... was hopeful on this release but I'm not interested, even at stock 240 horse with no belt. Looks like it'll be a proR if I want another 4 seat or a 2 seat MavR. Decisions, decisions.

2660 dry. Add fluids and gas it will another 120 pounds.then comes the mariachi stereo system cooler of trulys and 3-4 adults your gonna be at 3500-3700 pounds pretty easy. 

that lil 1000cc engine will be working on the hills from lack of torque. Sure 240 hp but a twin cylinder small engine?torque is what helps move these things and when weight increases it’s gonna slow it down and give up reliability if you try and push more. 
the added weight will seriously test the drive train and frame reliability.  Canam uses 0.65" wall 980 dual phase steel for the frame, in my experience it cracks at welds when pushed hard. 

6' wider than the other as well, at least there is that. Bleh, kinda dissapointed... was hopeful on this release but I'm not interested, even at stock 240 horse with no belt. Looks like it'll be a proR if I want another 4 seat or a 2 seat MavR. Decisions, decisions.
In my opinion the 4 seaters are just to lazy reacting and you get a very comfy ride but the sportiness feel you will loose.  I'm a 2 seater guy for sure after i had a X3 max for one season. 

My Kawasaki is fun but just does not have the power. Although being a two-seater it is 800 lb lighter than this thing is.

dachshund.jpg

Whatchoo lookin at foo?

Back