Very close call , pos parts chevy 2500 3/4 ton drama today

@Davyjones Quit crying.... :lol:

No seriously, glad you and others are ok.  That would have been bad on so many levels and so many different outcomes. Also glad it was your work truck and not your own.

This is all good info as I look at consider a lift and such on my truck.

dang, could have been a lot worse... sounds like it's time for some uniball upper arms.

As a truck driver with millions of miles behind me, I have seen more accidents than I care to remember. Not sure of your believes so I’ll just say this… it wasn’t your time. Maybe a wake up call though but not your time. Not many survive in the head-on crash with a big truck. It has something to do with the lug nut rule.

As a truck driver with millions of miles behind me, I have seen more accidents than I care to remember. Not sure of your believes so I’ll just say this… it wasn’t your time. Maybe a wake up call though but not your time. Not many survive in the head-on crash with a big truck. It has something to do with the lug nut rule.
As a commercial driver myself I completely agree . The  Lug nut rule is a universal law of physics .

thanks for the kind words everyone and yes I have a new outlook  on some things as a result 

and yes I put this here to raise awareness to check your rides . 

Mac it was my personal truck btw

glad you were able to save it! 

If your truck is leveled it may be time to look in to some aftermarket upper control arms, it’s common on many lifted/leveled trucks for ball joints to wear prematurely from the angle changing the ride height puts on them! 

This is what glamis dunes .com

is all about .... thanks for all the information and knowledge especially  the well wishes . . Hopefully the psa here will help others take the time to look at their trucks a little closer . 

the rose in this all was that my 16 year old son stopped driving this truck 3 days earlier as I bought him a used Tacoma . I hadn’t really drove it for a couple months . 

davyjones 

Bingo.

Once I found out we were going to start having kids, I replaced the suspension on both of our trucks. All Upper arms now have Moog parts in them, for this exact reason.
I didn’t source any of the parts myself . I took it to a local shop of somebody I thought I trusted . Shitty part is I took it to a completely different shop for service and lube about 1500 miles ago and got the 👍👌everything is good Here’s the bill treatment . 

my wake up call is to pay way more attention to the care of my daily drivers . 

Back