TV setups in fancy toyhaulers

A key part to the gate approach working is that i will hold up the TV as it swings. The pivot wont see the load of a normal gate hinge. 

vehicle-2010-Used-Forest-River-STEALTH-FSC2812-Toy-Hauler-in-California-CA-121241303-58bed49a94e0a1406a294caf.jpg

Are you removing the bed and couch or ??

I would almost just want to modify the top-only existing location to fit the largest TV that would fill the space and look good. You could keep all the electrical, DVD, other related stuff in that same area on the cabinet.

Back area has none of this, will you run cords or mostly stream for content, etc?

I like the back bed and couch for entertaining purposes, or are most trips not many people in your TH?

vehicle-2010-Used-Forest-River-STEALTH-FSC2812-Toy-Hauler-in-California-CA-121241303-58bed4b6549a3c4ef27f955b.jpg

I always thought the Ramp would make a good spot for a BIG tv.

You'd probably just have to pull it down off the mount and store it on one of the beds for transport, but imagine a 86" or whatever.

The mount would be narrow enough to get a buggy past it, just 2 people to pull the TV out and plop it on the mount, plug it in and BOOM...Instant Theater!!

:bag:

Toy Hauler Ramp TV.jpg

You'd probably just have to pull it down off the mount and store it on one of the beds for transport, but imagine a 86" or whatever.

The mount would be narrow enough to get a buggy past it, just 2 people to pull the TV out and plop it on the mount, plug it in and BOOM...Instant Theater!!

View attachment 37654
Don't forget the surround sound. Without the sound to go with it, it's just TV.

View attachment 37654
One of the guy's in our group took a couple inserts and threaded them into the ramp, They also had a folded piece of diamond plate.  A couple screws into the ramp and the shelf was mounted. A "C" clamp on the base of the unit to keep it from falling.  Was a quick and easy set up. But they did not have the lower couch. 

I use my lower couch more than the side gaucho.   So removing that would not be on my to do list. 

You have an FSC2812 right?

I really don't see any options other then at the back / ramp door for good viewing or space, etc like you stated.

The "Keep it simple" method would be to have slotted bolts to hang your TV on the ramp itself, remove for transport, etc.

Something like this would not get damaged by quads or Dirtbikes rolling over it - i'm guessing.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sanus-premium-series-super-slim-fixed-position-tv-wall-mount-for-most-tvs-32-64-up-to-150-lbs-black/5463303.p?skuId=5463303&ref=NS&loc=101

View attachment 37654

5463303ld.jpg

Thanks that website looks cool i bookmarked it. 

The springs are going to work great for the top bunk. I tested one and its almost like it was made for it.

For the TV i finally get some redemption being a pack rat. Ive got 3 used bedframes. No joke one of them has been traveling with me since 97. Going to turn that into a TV mount. Its going to work perfect. Will hang the whole setup by chain. For traveling i bought some shock cord. The TV will be suspended by the shock cord and maybe use 2 springs as well. The chains will act as backup if the shock cord breaks.

Picture from yesterday morn. To me that dun be gold der. 

20220720_072029.jpg

Decided against horizontal for 2 reasons. Im not convinced a 65" screen will be happy bouncing down the road like that. But more importantly is clearance. If i stick with the gate version i will have 6'1" clearance and could load bikes easy. If i went with the original plan of mounting it under the bunk it would be whatever thickness the mount and TV add up to be. Not ideal for strapping down my bikes. I put them at the very back to help with weight distribution. 

Back