Turbo Continues to Leak oil-At witts end

Running 5 quarts and it’s in line with the oil level. Completely empty it takes 4.5 quarts before it starts to slowly drain out. When the motor is running it’s above the line as the level drops by about a quart. 
But. when car is moving then oil is forced to the rear and makes level higher in the rear of pan.

But. when car is moving then oil is forced to the rear and makes level higher in the rear of pan.
I am wondering if I raised it that extra inch if it would even help as I am sure when all that oil is forced that its still going to be higher than the fitting.

Does anyone have any pictures of their drain setup on their turbo J series cars?

Last edited by a moderator:
Pull the drain tube off a little so the oil exiting the turbo will drip into it, and start the motor.  Does it drain well or come out the sides?  If its coming out the sides, see if it's still leaking while paying attention to how much oil you're losing (don't want to lose too much and run the motor dry).  If it doesn't, then there's a problem with the drain.  If it still leaks, there's a turbo problem.  Shouldn't come out of the turbo as much more than a steady drip.

I don't think swapping to -3 will help if the restrictor is on the turbo itself (not on the engine).  The restrictor should limit flow no matter what size line is feeding it.
What do you mean by "Coming out the sides"? 

-3 line feeding turbo. I run 5.5 quarts of oil.

In my spare parts I found a drain hose I mocked up but never used. Hoping this has enough slant to help the drainage 

IMG_0654.jpeg

Back