Trans Athletes

He can speak for himself of course but perhaps he's talking about this:

"Overall, women who were full-time, year-round employees made 83 cents for every dollar men made in 2020, based on median earning data from the Census Current Population Survey. That means women are paid about 17% less than men"

https://www.businessinsider.com/gender-wage-pay-gap-charts-2017-3

And to carry on with trans talk to wit:

Give it time and it will happen, probably in something like ultra distance running / cycling  . . .
Most of the wage gap has to do with other factors, not intolerance of women in the workplace (which is completely nonexistent):

Women are more likely to take time off for kids, or work less hours, resulting in experience and wage progression gaps

Women are generally less likely to leave a company to pursue better paying positions.

Women are generally less willing to push for higher salary in negotiations.

And finally, men make up the large majority of the higher risk or generally higher paying career types vs more caring/rewarding jobs (like teaching). 

When you compare the numbers fairly (same job, same hours), the wage gap narrows to statistical anomaly. When you consider that women make up the majority of college grads and doctors now, it’ll slant against us dudes. 

And to carry on with trans talk to wit:

Give it time and it will happen, probably in something like ultra distance running / cycling  . . .

Well not a trans athlete, Lael Wilcox just set the fastest known time (male or female) in the of the Arizona Trail in nine days, eight hours, and 23 minutes. Unfortunate that  won't be officially be recognized as she had a media crew (including her wife) documenting her ride. Very impressive

https://www.velonews.com/news/mountain/lael-wilcox-completes-fkt-of-the-arizona-trail-in-nine-days-eight-hours/

Full disclosure, when I wrote the post above I had Lael in mind.  She's an absolute beast on a bicycle . . .

Most of the wage gap has to do with other factors, not intolerance of women in the workplace (which is completely nonexistent):

Women are more likely to take time off for kids, or work less hours, resulting in experience and wage progression gaps

Women are generally less likely to leave a company to pursue better paying positions.

Women are generally less willing to push for higher salary in negotiations.

And finally, men make up the large majority of the higher risk or generally higher paying career types vs more caring/rewarding jobs (like teaching). 

When you compare the numbers fairly (same job, same hours), the wage gap narrows to statistical anomaly. When you consider that women make up the majority of college grads and doctors now, it’ll slant against us dudes. 
Exactly!

An ex-GF of mine and I were talking last yr and she has been in payroll for over 40 yrs. I said something about the pay gap (because I believed some source) and she said it was a load of crap. She said at every company she worked at, including school districts, Solar Turbines and a bunch of other companies, women of equal experience were paid the same as men. She said at a couple of places, they didn't have set pay scales and the new hire was expected to negotiate their best deal, so some people asked for less and got paid less, but that was an individual issue, not a systemic gender issue.

I was kind of surprised, especially based on the women's soccer team story. However, it turns out that they were paid less for winning the championship, but their entire compensation package was higher than the men's team by a significant amount due to other metrics of pay and benefits package. It was eye opening because the media made such a big deal, but none of them ever pulled out a calculator and compared total compensation for each team.

Back