Toy Hauler Roof Recoating Advice

I just purchased a used 2015 Forest River Stealth 2916 Toy Hauler (30ft). I cleaned the roof yesterday and am noticing that I should probably get it re-coated in the near future. I believe its an EPDM roof. I didn't see any other threads on here with this topic and I'd like to see if anyone from the forum has some experience with having to re-coat the roof of their rig. Here are some of my questions:

1. How much did it cost you? Either doing it yourself or having someone do it for you. 

2. If you had someone do it for you, who would you recommend? I'm in SoCal (Menifee). 

3. If you did it yourself, what product(s) did you use or do you recommend using. How much did you need to purchase? I am only aware of Dicor, haven't really seen anything else used.

4. If you did it yourself, my understanding below is the process. Am I missing anything or is anything incorrect?:

• Remove trim, clean, address all sealant issues and tape off everything you don't want the coating on. 
  • Prep the surface with an agitator solution and let it dry. 
  • Apply 1st coat with a roller (brush for tight areas) and let it dry. 
  • Apply 2nd coat similar to previous step and let it dry.
  • Once fully dry, remove tape, re-install trim and DONE. 

5. Any long term issue or regrets with re-coating? 

Thank you in advance for any input. Just not trying to re-invent the wheel or do something I will totally regret. 
My neighbor does it all the time for people. Seems he's always got rigs in his yard and is coating em. Can't imagine it would be more than $300 or so, but I have no clue. I'm in Rancho Cucamonga. If you want me to ask him, I can do that for you.

My neighbor does it all the time for people. Seems he's always got rigs in his yard and is coating em. Can't imagine it would be more than $300 or so, but I have no clue. I'm in Rancho Cucamonga. If you want me to ask him, I can do that for you.
If you don't mind that would be great!

I just did my 35’ 5th wheel myself with the Dicor stuff. Was pretty easy. Pressure washed the crud off, picked the loose sealant off and resealed, primed then washed that off. 2 coats with a roller with the Dicor epdm paint nice and thick. Didn’t mask a damn thing. It was maybe $400 worth of product and took about a day. Happy with the results but can’t speak for the longevity since I sold it. Imagine the next guy was happy to start fresh though. Would do again.
this! I did this with my enclosed and she's been solid going on 2 years now

Back