Tow Hooks Installed on Moho

I have a Thor Vegas - Kinda a Class A on an E450  and I did a front hitch bolted to the frame behind the bumper  and made a license plate bracket over it kinda clean looking and one of those night before  a trip 30 minute cover up  job

I can put any hook I want - super simple 

sorry for the bad pics

View attachment 68030View attachment 68029View attachment 68027View attachment 68028
Same here.  I've used it thrice, and I was grateful every time I needed it.

finally found the picture of what I did for my old setup Ford F53 chassis

took a old trailer hitch from a f250, flipped it and added gussets to the frame

used it to front launch my boat and as a front bike rack, never actually needed it for a tug/tow

moho-tow hook.jpg

Anybody done this with a fleetwood class a? Expedition? 
Looking for some hooks to install in the front, can’t seem to find anything specifically for it. Might have to weld some underneath to the frame if all else fails. 

Dunno if anyone's thought of or done this but what about using the leveling jacks to lift you up to fill in under the tires or put down a traction aid? If you do it right away then you won't be sunk down so far that you can't get under there to shore up under your jacks or even if you are they'll still pick your rig up some to start lifting you out.

A few years ago I pulled into the washes and forgot to turn my trailer brake controller down. Pulled into camp where group was and it was pretty soft. Trailer tires dug in and anchored me pretty good because brakes locked them up when I stopped. When I tried to go again I started spinning. 5 minutes to dig out in front of tires on my enclosed and a couple planks under my jacks and my pusher's tires were in the air to fill in underneath them. Pulled my jacks back in and I was ripping around the group and into my spot. Easy peasy.

Peas

Last edited by a moderator:
Anybody done this with a fleetwood class a? Expedition? 
Looking for some hooks to install in the front, can’t seem to find anything specifically for it. Might have to weld some underneath to the frame if all else fails. 
Any competent hitch company can do this as well, probably for not an astronomical amount more than buying an application-specific one.  

Guy installed a winch system to the front of his Class A

I think the big issue for the ones i towed out is that, they have a genie in the back, 

a lot of times i have pulled them backwards and gave them a second chance of getting out,  

Dumont is pretty hard ground lot harder to get stuck,   If i have to pull it forward, then i go in the same line as the front tire doing a twist near the front suspension and hooking it into the frame behind the Generator,   So hook to the frame then side wrap around the front tire area, and wrap around my suspension on my truck to keep it as low as i can,  

I have not had to snatch strap,  before i do that we use two to three trucks,  My truck now typical gets them right out,  it is a Dually on 38's with the rear tires almost touching,  The tires are Mud Terrains,  With Factory Limited Slip,    It seems to pull better in the dirt then on the asphalt,  asphalt is slippery with this tire but gets good hook in the dirt,   Cooper STT PRO-Mud 

The truck is not fun to travel in compared to a street dually,  but gets the job done in the dunes,    

If i am pulling forward, to make it easier on my truck,   I unhook the trailer pull the Moho out then grab the trailer,   If someone has a issue with unhooking,  then is say see ya,   I really dont have a problem leaving someone stranded if they want to be hard on my truck,   

Last edited by a moderator:
Back