Tow Hooks Installed on Moho

Dockmaster

Reaction score
I'm have always been a believer in the adage that "Luck favors the prepared". Haven't gotten my Moho stuck yet but figure it's just a matter of time. So I got some tow hooks to put on the front so I have an easy place to hook up to when it happens. Found a set of OEM hooks on Ebay for $30 and even came with the big Grade 8 bolts to install them. I had to remove the bumper to install the hooks and the factory fog lights were in the way. I never liked the factory fog lights anyway so I removed them and going back with flush mount baja design squadron lights. Unfortunately, I was too stupid to realize the lights weren't sold as a pair so waiting for the second light to arrive so for now we just call it Blinky. I pulled the headlight bezels and had them and the bumper wrapped in black while I was at it. Still plan to get side view mirrors wrapped as well in near future. 

Tow Hooks 1.jpg

Tow Hooks 2.jpg

Tow Hooks 3.jpg

Front End Blinky Pic.jpg

Better to have than not have.  Had my Class A stuck twice in Glamis but the front axle was easy to access for a solid place to strap it.

Reactions: FOG
Better to have than not have.  Had my Class A stuck twice in Glamis but the front axle was easy to access for a solid place to strap it.
I’m sure I could strap to the front axle but for $30 and some of my time this seemed like a no brainer. And gave me the excuse to do the other items I wanted to do. 

I’m sure I could strap to the front axle but for $30 and some of my time this seemed like a no brainer. And gave me the excuse to do the other items I wanted to do. 
Absolutely a great upgrade man.

I really wish I had a motorhome like yours so I could do the same thing.  I’m special and keep getting my Class A stuck.  A special shout out to @FOGand @RIDERED who helps me get unstuck. 

You are Special. What about the Shout out's to the Supervisors? Peace

• Haha
I'm have always been a believer in the adage that "Luck favors the prepared". Haven't gotten my Moho stuck yet but figure it's just a matter of time. So I got some tow hooks to put on the front so I have an easy place to hook up to when it happens. Found a set of OEM hooks on Ebay for $30 and even came with the big Grade 8 bolts to install them. I had to remove the bumper to install the hooks and the factory fog lights were in the way. I never liked the factory fog lights anyway so I removed them and going back with flush mount baja design squadron lights. Unfortunately, I was too stupid to realize the lights weren't sold as a pair so waiting for the second light to arrive so for now we just call it Blinky. I pulled the headlight bezels and had them and the bumper wrapped in black while I was at it. Still plan to get side view mirrors wrapped as well in near future. 

View attachment 67079

View attachment 67080

View attachment 67081

View attachment 67082
We have the same coach and I was thinking of doing the same thing! Thanks for sharing!!

IMG_5925.jpg

We have the same coach and I was thinking of doing the same thing! Thanks for sharing!!

View attachment 67160
Let me know if you need the OEM part numbers for the hooks. There are more listed on Ebay. I recommend buying the ones with the hardware. Each hook uses 4(ea) 5/8 bolts and top lock nuts. Probably $30 or more to buy those bolts. You need longer bolts than what’s there now. 

I have a Thor Vegas - Kinda a Class A on an E450  and I did a front hitch bolted to the frame behind the bumper  and made a license plate bracket over it kinda clean looking and one of those night before  a trip 30 minute cover up  job

I can put any hook I want - super simple 

sorry for the bad pics

IMG_0713.jpgIMG_0712.jpgIMG_0710.jpgIMG_0711.jpg

I have a Thor Vegas - Kinda a Class A on an E450  and I did a front hitch bolted to the frame behind the bumper  and made a license plate bracket over it kinda clean looking and one of those night before  a trip 30 minute cover up  job

I can put any hook I want - super simple 

sorry for the bad pics

View attachment 68030View attachment 68029View attachment 68027View attachment 68028

I built one on my truck like this.  its a good thing too, because it got stuck a bunch.

I too put a front hitch on my F-350. Although I bought mine. It wasn't very expensive and an easy bolt-on. It's not only good if you need to get pulled out but it's great to hook a trailer to the front of the vehicle if you have to get into tight places. Much more maneuverability on the front than the rear hitch.  

I too put a front hitch on my F-350. Although I bought mine. It wasn't very expensive and an easy bolt-on. It's not only good if you need to get pulled out but it's great to hook a trailer to the front of the vehicle if you have to get into tight places. Much more maneuverability on the front than the rear hitch.  
that is actually why I did mine, but with my driveway, it turned out to be more of a PITA than just backing it in.  LOL.

Completely agree. 
I had a “professional” towing service at Pismo many years ago that tore up the front of my class A. 

Back