Tow bar for Jeep

Curious if you're planning to do a brake setup for the one-time use, or just going with no brakes on the TOAD? 

-TJ

I have a Blue Ox with a Curt base plate on mine. I’m currently towing it across country behind my Moho and woke up this morning to this. All is well, it powered right through. 
Probably doesn’t help with your decision but I just wanted to post the pictures. 

View attachment 91495

View attachment 91496
Never seen snow in Glamis.  Cool!!!

The tow went awesome. Just got back.

The RV pic is photoshopped… :classic_ninja:

The lighting was a chit show. This was behind the tail light of the jeep. But finding it was a nightmare because my testlight bulb quit mid-diag. So, I was chasing ghosts.

IMG_9623.jpeg

IMG_9634.jpeg

The easiest thing I found was the Tbar in the jeep tow hitch and trailer lights with a plug all the way to the RV. Contek makes a 25ft  4 wire for like 20.00... All my neighbors with the wired in lights have had issues. 

The easiest thing I found was the Tbar in the jeep tow hitch and trailer lights with a plug all the way to the RV. Contek makes a 25ft  4 wire for like 20.00... All my neighbors with the wired in lights have had issues. 
It's all done with heat-shrink butt-connectors now.  No more worries.

I take it you couldn't flip the drop hitch due to clearance  on the bumper or something?

I built a magnetic tow light setup when I used a tow dolly for my wife's Volkswagen CC since there was no way to wire into the factory LED tail lights without causing all kinds of issues with the control modules that drive the lights. Only used it once due to the wire harness scuffing the paint no matter how I ran it to the moho. When I went to flat-towing the Jeeps I opted for a wireless light bar from TowMate which works great! I wasn't about to cut into the factory wiring of our brand new $50k WK2 Grand Cherokee as I personally do not like cutting into the factory wiring whenever possible.

rvhw32_carbon_01.webp

IMG_1086.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I built a magnetic tow light setup when I used a tow dolly for my wife's Volkswagen CC since there was no way to wire into the factory LED tail lights without causing all kinds of issues with the control modules that drive the lights. Only used it once due to the wire harness scuffing the paint no matter how I ran it to the moho. When I went to flat-towing the Jeeps I opted for a wireless light bar from TowMate which works great! I wasn't about to cut into the factory wiring of our brand new $50k WK2 Grand Cherokee as I personally do not like cutting into the factory wiring whenever possible.

View attachment 95413

View attachment 95414
Real carbone fibre? :biggrin:

Back