Top 5 hikes @ ZION national Park

We are not 100% set on days yet.  Likely 2 full days and 2 half days.  My wife is not as capable as I am, so I can't do super hard hikes.  

We will put 2 long hikes at the beginning of the long days.  And likely some flat land hikes in those evenings.   Probably a short one on the evening of our arrival and another on the morning of the day of our departure. 

Still unsure about the water hikes.....  maybe play those by ear when we get there.  Bottom line I'm a bif old crybaby about getting wet when I'm out hiking.  LOL.   Heights are not a problem for either of us. 

I will check out the web site this evening.   Thanks.  

Jmho, but the zion park website kind of sucks.  Then maps are not super clear about the hikes and put in points.  I was using all trails last night and that kind of helped.  Still sorting out the details....  

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
We are not 100% set on days yet.  Likely 2 full days and 2 half days.  My wife is not as capable as I am, so I can't do super hard hikes.  

We will put 2 long hikes at the beginning of the long days.  And likely some flat land hikes in those evenings.   Probably a short one on the evening of our arrival and another on the morning of the day of our departure. 

Still unsure about the water hikes.....  maybe play those by ear when we get there.  Bottom line I'm a bif old crybaby about getting wet when I'm out hiking.  LOL.   Heights are not a problem for either of us. 

I will check out the web site this evening.   Thanks.  

Jmho, but the zion park website kind of sucks.  Then maps are not super clear about the hikes and put in points.  I was using all trails last night and that kind of helped.  Still sorting out the details....  

Thanks
We are very slow when we hike. If the guide book says its a 4 hour hike we figure 6-8 hours for us. If we are walking to the ranger station no matter what time of day we have to take a flash light. It might be dark on our way back. LOL If you don't like water you might be going to the wrong place. That's the best part of these hikes is playing in the water for us. Make no mistake, you will not get a little wet, you will be completly wet. All electronics need to be bagged the best you can and try to keep them out of the water.

What is your route, coming in from SD on the 15 and going around the Grand Canyon by Lake Powell to Arizona? If that is your route you could hit the north rim of the grand canyon real easy.

Your first half day there I would suggest just riding the shuttle up canyon and just getting a feel for the place. Easy quick hikes would be weeping rock trail and the emerald pools trail. You could also drive through the tunnel and hit the canyon overlook trail. If your coming in on the 15 you could hit Kanarreville falls for a nice afternoon hike.

1st full day could be Angels Landing in the morning and maybe go up on the east rim and get in a easy hike to the canyon rim.

2nd full day would be the narrows. Take your time and just have fun. 

This is also known as Kanarraville falls. This is a great hike and does not require any gear. It is very family friendly. It is not in the park, its at least an hour away. Not sure of your dates but here is what the website shows. This is not a lottery. If its open you can grab it. It limits 150 people a day only witch is a good idea. It can get very busy and no parking. There are ladders you have to go up and you can get stuck waiting for an hour to up or down.

July 26, 2021 – Ticket availability update:

(Note:  This information is updated about twice a day and is subject to change without notice)

We are SOLD OUT thru August 16th.

August 20, 21, 22, 27, 28, 29 are SOLD OUT.

September 4, 5, 6, 11, 12, 18, 19, 25 are SOLD OUT

Weekends in September are selling out, so get your tickets early!  Remember there are no refunds so please be sure of your dates.
Just bought a place 15 min from there, I imagine it may have been washed out this last Monday. Devistating weather up there this week. 

Just bought a place 15 min from there, I imagine it may have been washed out this last Monday. Devistating weather up there this week. 
I like the new harmony area, we still have a couple of years before we move.

Back