Tonneau Covers

On or off as in fully rolled up or locked in place, or removed and stowed in the truck?
sorry, on i mean fully extended and covering the bed, off i was referring to it being rolled up and locked in at the front of the bed

I have a buddy that had one and the strap you use to pull it closed wasn't secured, he had it open while driving and it blew down between the bed and cab and got wrapped around the drive shaft! It pulled so hard that it dented the top of the bed. 
That was me.   I’ll never use another one.  Like Matt said, you can’t truly keep water or dirt out enough for them to be worth the price in my opinion.  I park my truck in the garage.  I don’t keep things in the bed that can’t get dirty or I can’t replace if they grow legs.  If you want dry storage buy an suv. 

Along those same lines, the locking tailgates on the new trucks are annoying as ****.  I can’t open my tailgate without the damn keys.

I currently have the trifold flip, works great.  Only time it bums me out is when I put my dirt bike in the back.  I made a piece a wood spacer so the front tire wouldnt be against the cover when folded up.  I have had it two years so far, no issues.

My f350 came with a  pace Edwards power cover and two remotes to open or close it. I took it off to mount my toolbox And spare tire in the bed. Been sitting in the garage forever and fits a long bed pickup with 8' bed. Side rails mount on top of bedsides and has a track to guide the cover. All aluminum.  $250 and it can be yours, located in Salem Utah .

IMG_20211218_091750577_HDR.jpg

Back