Tire Sealant, What’s the Latest?

I had same issue. The Berrymans not only leaked but makes a god awful mess and stains everything. I switched to stayflo starch and no more leaks or mess. 
For Me the Berrymans made a mess of everthing and was just nasty to clean up, 

I switched to the stay-flow, it does not eat the rim, and if you have to clean it out of the tire, it looks like water, and washes away easy,  super cheap, about $4 per tire, and mine work with a nail in the trailer tire like fix a flat,  

So there are two Tire sealant threads at the same time?  Feels like summer  ...

Asking honestly  - I would like to know how big the leak has to be to let tire sealant pour out on the floor? Is that with a bent rim or packed sand between the rim and tire?   

And if Berrymans which is really thick is leaking out making little puddles on the floor, then starch which is basically "water" until it dries out must leave big puddles?

I have used starch before and agree it seals sidewall leaks and small rim leaks and I like it, but Berrymans works really well for my what guess are tiny leaks - 

see the other thread I wrote up my experience there

So there are two Tire sealant threads at the same time?  Feels like summer  ...

Asking honestly  - I would like to know how big the leak has to be to let tire sealant pour out on the floor? Is that with a bent rim or packed sand between the rim and tire?   

And if Berrymans which is really thick is leaking out making little puddles on the floor, then starch which is basically "water" until it dries out must leave big puddles?

I have used starch before and agree it seals sidewall leaks and small rim leaks and I like it, but Berrymans works really well for my what guess are tiny leaks - 

see the other thread I wrote up my experience there
I said basically the same thing- if the tire sealant is leaking out if the tire, the tire is not sealed. Get new tires. Just to be clear I've never used starch, alumiseal, clubbed baby seals blood, tears of a homeless man, or any other concoction. I started using Berrymans in numerous clients tires after talking with @Grant@Funco and getting his recommendation.

When I was racing Class 1 we used Slime, which I know is corrosive to aluninum, but we went through a lot of tires racing open desert and the wheels were thoroughly cleaned before new tires were mounted. I have pics on my laptop of what Slime does to aluminum wheels I'll post up when I find them.

I was alumaseal and antifreeze for many years and then switched to Staflo liquid start a couple of seasons ago. The starch works!  
I picked up a nail in an STU 35.5 x17 paddle, pulled out the nail and the starch sealed it. No plug. 
Just starch, done deal. 
Plus if you have any starch left over, the ladies love a “sharp dressed man. “

Which Berryman?  Is it a liquid?

Which alumaseal?  The powder in the small tube or a liquid product?

Thanks

Bob

Stayflo starch!

Cheap, easy, effective...won't harm rims or tires...washes out with a hose.

I used berrymans and had pretty good results. Biggest issue I had was that it still leaks a bit and will leave residue on the garage floor.
This stuff?

I'm still using the 50/50 mix of alumaseal and straight antifreeze. I tried sta-flo and had Crap results. Switch back to alumaseal and have no problems. The starch is all over my trailer floor, and it nasty. 
Which one the liquid or the powder?

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Berryman, liquid, 2Mar22.jpg

& FWIW, Ive been using the Starch for years, they are just not sealing up with these new STU's for some reason.  Im going to pull them apart again this summer & see if there is anything obvious & see where they are leaking.  I think its from around the bead, because I can see where the Starch is leaking out of them.......... 

Last edited by a moderator:
This stuff?

Which one the liquid or the powder?

View attachment 27270

View attachment 27271

View attachment 27269

& FWIW, Ive been using the Starch for years, they are just not sealing up with these new STU's for some reason.  Im going to pull them apart again this summer & see if there is anything obvious & see where they are leaking.  I think its from around the bead, because I can see where the Starch is leaking out of them.......... 
The liquid. 50/50 mix with antifreeze. 

Back