Thinking of building my own trailer.....

Jason  - what tire and size did you use?

I am considering moving everything to commercial (truck)  But I was told commercial are in .5 increments like 17.5, 19.5. 22.5

Using 60-70MPH trailer tires has always bothered me.   LT truck tires are good for trailers (and rated for them) but the outside diameter is usually too big
Probably a 16" wheel/tire.  That's what was on the HD type pickups before the 17/18/19/20... wheels were factory.

Probably a 16" wheel/tire.  That's what was on the HD type pickups before the 17/18/19/20... wheels were factory.
yeah 16" you can use LT but diameter is pretty tall and they are no really "commercial" even if companies like  BF call them "Commercial TA"s"

Most trailer tires are 27-28"  Most LT are 30" or bigger  Leaf spring spacing has to change. Tires get too close or touch  and thats bad and they might rub fenders with weight. You need to design for that from the start and it will likely raise the CG which I like to keep low personally

yeah 16" you can use LT but diameter is pretty tall and they are no really "commercial" even if companies like  BF call them "Commercial TA"s"

Most trailer tires are 27-28"  Most LT are 30" or bigger  Leaf spring spacing has to change. Tires get too close or touch  and thats bad and they might rub fenders with weight. You need to design for that from the start and it will likely raise the CG which I like to keep low personally
CV400 - Atturo

Commercial van tire,  like the Amazon Van style,  has been a great tire, 4 years no flats, use it all the time picking up cars, friends use the trailer all the time, I use it at 80mph most of the time, 

Finally i will wear the tread off before a tire blows out,  LOL 

225/75R16Es are nearly ubiquitous and 29.3" tall.

CV400 - Atturo

Commercial van tire,  like the Amazon Van style,  has been a great tire, 4 years no flats, use it all the time picking up cars, friends use the trailer all the time, I use it at 80mph most of the time, 

Finally i will wear the tread off before a tire blows out,  LOL 
Keep forgetting that the C here means Commercial, not the 6 ply C-rated US tires.

Back