thinking of a SXS how do you like this deal?

@John@Outfrontwhat brand & model car do your friends that you plan on running Baja with have? 

Baja’s awesome but no joke if you have never done it. Anytime you can simplify a trip by being able to share spares especially if your running without chase support, that can carry the kitchen sink for you. It’s smart to try to run the same vehicle for simplicity. 

But that being said if your smart, know your limits, prep and have you car built up in the right places you need. Then you could run any brand together. But just know your sort of one your own as to what spares you might need. 

As far as the XP Pro in Baja? Your going to need to think about a few things. One, you need a spare tire and the XP Pro has no stock location for a spare tire, so your going to to have to buy or build a rack. The rear storage area on the XP Pro is pretty small for carrying anything. 

Two, the XP Pro has a 12 gal tank, but being a turbo will probably use more fuel then a N/A model might. Consider this in your logistics. Also with a 2 seat car you don’t have the space to carry extra fuel. 

Three, depending on how you mount your spare tire will determine how much room you have for your gear, like clothing, cooler, tools & spares. 

Four, Even though you say your going to leave it stock, their are upgrades you will need to do to any SXS you buy. So there will be extra expenses. You will need radio & com’s. Proper seat belts, spare tire & wheel for Baja. Better tires for Baja. Also I’m a firm believer of a proper built roll cage. The stock Polaris cage is not one I’d be OK with, but that’s up to you. 

Reference of Current N/A cars available by HP. 

Wildcat XX, 130hp

Kawasaki KRX, 113hp

Polaris XP 1000, 110hp

Honda Talon, 98hp  

All are very capable in hard pack trails, desert & Baja and would cost you less then the XP Pro Ultimate.  Some even offer you features the XP Pro Ultimate does not have. 

I have done several 500-600 mile Baja trips in a Polaris XP4 900 which only has 88hp and it was perfectly capable. It’s not about HP it’s about prep, and set up. Our cars were set up properly. 

To add to this, your gonna want a good set of suspension seats. Those stock seats aren’t very good for long trips. I have a set of Simpson wide body seats in my rzr and they are super comfortable.

Its not a bad deal. But its not a "good" deal by any means. Definitely not a "smoking" deal. 

64" wide cars are also :insert gay emoji here: . If you drive sxs's like you drive your buggy this car is the 100% wrong car for you. 

If you just want to put put along smooth graded trails this would be fine I suppose. I've seen better deals on the facebook rzr pages and craigslist. I'd keep shopping

edit: I'd buy this for 27k before I bought the one your buddys trying to pawn on you. I was going to buy it but the dum dum had to pay off the lien and was told 4-6 weeks for the title... I was too impatient and bought a new one instead. That was about a month ago he probably has the title now. I forget it we agreed on 27 or 27.5 but this is a far superior machine then the one your buddy sent for CHEAPER and it has 5-7k+ easy in cage, race radios, pumpers, lights, bumpers, helmets, car cover etc

https://classifieds.race-dezert.com/FOR-SALE:2019-Polaris-Rzr-XP-Turbo-S-$31000...OBO-190734

That could cruise the trails but you could lay the hammer down and have some fun too. 

Just food for thought :cheers:  

Last edited by a moderator:
So I'm bored and will put in my .02 

I don't see a problem with the email. Can you imagine the tire kickers on a utv with the season around the corner? My patience would also be wearing thin. This is a friend from the friend network, shouldn't be too distrustful. 28k with it titled in your name could save you hundreds if not thousands at dmv for taxes if you bought direct from dealer.

Not sure about the process though, that's where it gets hairy... title is in his name or not? In hand or not? Will you be with him at AAA? At what point does the money exchange? Careful there. Last thing you need is him taking your money, and doesn't have rightful ownership or the title to begin with. He may pull the "there's a loan to payoff" etc etc. I don't know the value of these things, I'm just coming from the sales perspective side of things. Warranty is of some value too. Good Luck John. Keep us posted or as always, us peanut gallery love to spend other people's money. Let the pros do the shopping for you lol

This is all fantastic info. Thank you all. I’m still slightly intrtest

John, You can buy mine for that price with a warranty.

2021 Turbo S 2 seat velocity 72" 

Has 16 miles or so. 

100% bone stock. 

Never been to the desert or dunes. Less than an hour on this. 

Bought it November 2021. Plans changed haven't done anything with it. 

It's in my garage currently. 

2021 RZR.jpg

42FF606A-B508-42C8-93AA-08B8620F5A32.jpeg

F4C29C31-2944-4EFB-80E6-BADCD95AE935.jpeg

A54B1595-7459-44F2-851F-B74F1B0C6E07.jpeg

8C8DEBEB-FE75-4060-9A70-920FD8885228.jpeg

349E2676-7D1D-4B4A-AF35-3E5B41A7FCEB.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back