thinking of a SXS how do you like this deal?

John@Outfront

Forum Moderator
Reaction score
I know absolutely nothing about SXS, I'm on the fence to get one to go on trips with other friends, this would not be for Glamis. a friend of a friend has this deal and don't know if its a good deal or a great deal. i don't know if an XP pro Ultimate in 2020 is the same as the same ultimate today?  do they both have the dynamic suspension and other trick stuff? any input would be appreciated

here is his email to me:

Good morning John , here are some pictures of the vehicle we were talking about  -  2020 RZR PRO XP1000 ULTIMATE , It's brand new never off road , no accidents straight from dealership to my house . The price is out the door no fee's  $28000 which includes a full factory warranty for 54 months . Also transferable to you . Vehicle not financed . I could not find one for less than $30k with no warranty . It's a great deal

I then send him some ads from local dealers showing huge discounts on 2021's and 2020's and this was his reply:

Those bite and switch AD's are fake you forgot to add the ADM markups $3000 . Your Utah buddy for $29k DID NOT get a 54 month bumper to bumper factory warranty . I went to every dealer in southern CAL. all were at $30k+ with 54 month warranty . I don't think you understand warranty cost $2830 . And for models there is only ONE the top of the line ' Ultimate ' . It comes with everything . Don't even think about the cheaper models . Also the warranty starts the date of the purchase . An to prove it here is a copy of the warranty and check out the expiration date . I'am not playing games like Marco . $28k is a very good price plus i will pay your Reg. transfer fee and License fees at my AAA office . This cost less than are LLC. with the law office fee's . $28k is all you will pay period . If you need more detailed info give me a call . Think about it and let me know . 

bottom line im looking for a super great deal.. if its not ill buy a new one when the timing is better for me

thumbnail (1).jpg

thumbnail (2).jpg

thumbnail (3).jpg

thumbnail (4).jpg

thumbnail (5).jpg

thumbnail.jpg

Its a 64" car with 182 hp.  great little car.  as far as the warranty, are you going to keep it stock?  If the answer is yes, the a 54 month warranty could be good.  If your going to trick it out, then forget the warranty. as far as if its a deal?  Maybe, searching around to save a thousand bucks is not worth your time IMO.   :ez:  

If not using for Glamis, then where do you plan on using? I ask because there might be other machines that are cheaper and better suited for what your going to do. 

Do you know why this guy has a 2020 (2 years old, 3 model years old) RZR that’s never been used? 

Like he mentioned his 54 month warranty? started the date he purchased it. I’ve never heard of 54 month? That’s 4.5 years?? Typically they go by 24, 36, 48 month. So when did he purchase the vehicle & warranty? He could already be 24 months into it. If so then you have 24 months left? 

Like Raspadoo said, seems like he’s pushing you. Why is he so adamant about giving you a smoking deal? If it was a smoking deal he’d have a line of buyers. Why is he talking about LLC & lawyer fees? And why is he willing to pay your Reg & licensing fees?

Also why does he think the Ultimate is the only one worth having? He says “Don’t look at cheaper models?” 

Now the 2020 & 2022/23 RZR XP Pro are pretty much the same. I don’t see anything in the specs that’s different. There might be some improvements in the ride command? 

He’s asking $28k for a 2020 with bal of extended warranty, and a new 2023 is $33K. 

Again there could be better or more affordable UTV depending on where you plan to ride. 

yes it would be kept stock.  is the savings only $1000? i was thinking if it was a big savings like $4k+ id be more interested.  is it lacking anything the newers ones have?

i friend of his bought a dealership going out of business, he acquired all the stock. so this friend of a friend bought this unit from him.  the rush is a family matter  he lives in his uncles home in Cali  the uncle is 90+ years old and will be dying soon  cant live without a respirator  his kids will kick him out of his current location and his plan was to move to AZ  just not this fast

so the story goes, but he is a guy i have known through my friend for 8-10 years

thumbnail (6).jpg

i know there are dealer markups, transportation and ADM fees to add so with all those fees considered is it still only a small savings.  my friends go on trail riding, they plan to do a Mexico trip.  i would say an average ride is a 4-600 mile ride.  i drove a non turbo unit on one trip and it was just fine for power

im thinking the warranty is after the factory 6 month warranty expires so its 60 month less the first 6 months

yes it would be kept stock.  is the savings only $1000? i was thinking if it was a big savings like $4k+ id be more interested.  is it lacking anything the newers ones have?
The suspension is fine for trail riding, it will need a spring set after a few months.  as far as ceature comforts, its up to date with all of the new rigs out.  They are a great car.  I loike to make sure the new P90X clutches get some love, as they tend to have problems if they dont get some attention.  Clutch tower brace and a stronger secondary spring.  I prefer a full fledged clutch kit myself.  :ez:

i know there are dealer markups, transportation and ADM fees to add so with all those fees considered is it still only a small savings.  my friends go on trail riding, they plan to do a Mexico trip.  i would say an average ride is a 4-600 mile ride.  i drove a non turbo unit on one trip and it was just fine for power
Looking at what MSRP is on a 2023 ($33K) plus tax & fees, and warranty. Id say his $28K is a good deal in todays crazy market. $5K + difference if you can get a 23 at MSRP. 

My only concern would be to make sure this is all legit & on the up & up! Just seems so strange that someone buys a closing dealership, that had stock on a model that no other dealers could get during Covid. During Covid 2020 if you had stock it was sold in hours. Then your friend or a friend of a friend buys this car new in 2022 and a few weeks later looks to be selling it. I guess it happens but just make sure he’s got the title and everything’s clean. 

And your right for things like trail, hard pack or Baja. IMO a turbo is not needed. But if you find a deal like this and it’s turbo then that’s not a bad thing. 

What do your friends that you will ride with have? Having the same vehicle is a plus as it allows you to share spare parts for trips like Baja. 

im thinking the warranty is after the factory 6 month warranty expires so its 60 month less the first 6 months
I believe your correct. The original factory is 6 month, then the additional extended warranty of 54 months making it 60 months total. 

Also looks like he just bought this in August? If so then the warranty is new. 

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems like a decent deal. The only thing I’m thinking is there is no need for a turbo for the kind of riding you plan on doing. An xp1000 will do the trick. You can buy an xp1000 for a crap ton less giving you plenty of money for upgrades of your choice and still come in cheaper. The extra power from the turbo is really only needed in the dunes of which you already said you didn’t plan on using it in Glamis. Just my .02

Why would the guy buy an aftermarket warranty if he was going to keep it ‘new’ condition? Too many things in the email that would make me walk. 

@John@Outfrontwhat brand & model car do your friends that you plan on running Baja with have? 

Baja’s awesome but no joke if you have never done it. Anytime you can simplify a trip by being able to share spares especially if your running without chase support, that can carry the kitchen sink for you. It’s smart to try to run the same vehicle for simplicity. 

But that being said if your smart, know your limits, prep and have you car built up in the right places you need. Then you could run any brand together. But just know your sort of one your own as to what spares you might need. 

As far as the XP Pro in Baja? Your going to need to think about a few things. One, you need a spare tire and the XP Pro has no stock location for a spare tire, so your going to to have to buy or build a rack. The rear storage area on the XP Pro is pretty small for carrying anything. 

Two, the XP Pro has a 12 gal tank, but being a turbo will probably use more fuel then a N/A model might. Consider this in your logistics. Also with a 2 seat car you don’t have the space to carry extra fuel. 

Three, depending on how you mount your spare tire will determine how much room you have for your gear, like clothing, cooler, tools & spares. 

Four, Even though you say your going to leave it stock, their are upgrades you will need to do to any SXS you buy. So there will be extra expenses. You will need radio & com’s. Proper seat belts, spare tire & wheel for Baja. Better tires for Baja. Also I’m a firm believer of a proper built roll cage. The stock Polaris cage is not one I’d be OK with, but that’s up to you. 

Reference of Current N/A cars available by HP. 

Wildcat XX, 130hp

Kawasaki KRX, 113hp

Polaris XP 1000, 110hp

Honda Talon, 98hp  

All are very capable in hard pack trails, desert & Baja and would cost you less then the XP Pro Ultimate.  Some even offer you features the XP Pro Ultimate does not have. 

I have done several 500-600 mile Baja trips in a Polaris XP4 900 which only has 88hp and it was perfectly capable. It’s not about HP it’s about prep, and set up. Our cars were set up properly. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Shock Therapy has a good youtube video comparing the different machines and their weaknesses. 

Back