They tried to steal my Suburban...

Yeah.. I'm gonna file a claim.. fuggit.. I've given these punks (State Farm) over $100k in last many years.. and only made 2 claims..

1. Daughter rear ends somebody (with this suburban),.. turns a compact car into a smashed coke can - $5500.

2. RZR 2014 .. I crack the case at KOH in 2021.. $8300.

So they're really.. REALLY in the black/green.. whatever.

Told my wife.. you see rates go up a nickel and they're DONE.

abc
For theft your deductible is probally a lot lower then $1K I know If I hit somebody my deductible is $1K but when I got 3 flats in 2 years taking out three fenders on the dodge the tires were costing me more than the fenders, My deductible was $250.  Also I was worried about my rates going up and on that portion of the policy claims you make are not held against you. After all it was not your fault that they tried to steal it and damaged the car.

For theft your deductible is probally a lot lower then $1K I know If I hit somebody my deductible is $1K but when I got 3 flats in 2 years taking out three fenders on the dodge the tires were costing me more than the fenders, My deductible was $250.  Also I was worried about my rates going up and on that portion of the policy claims you make are not held against you. After all it was not your fault that they tried to steal it and damaged the car.
Oddly: petty theft is waaaaaay more likely these days than a collision... 

Ha,... I've ditched the cops on street bikes on several occasions in my youth.. First time I was riding this (my buddy was too) a 1988 YSR 50cc.

Yamaha-YSR50-Right-Side-2.jpg

I went to HS in Irvine (Woodbridge class of '90) and we used to scream these little rockets on residential streets late night all tuned up.. well on a main street Mr. Law lights us up and me and my buddy gave each other the 'nod' and took off .. quickly got on sidewalks and it wasn't hard to ditch him and we were smart, took all the little sidewalks right back to his pad and hid them in the garage. We were skateboarders during those years (before they put the anti skateboarding stuff on stairs, etc.) and it was the GREATEST place. The whole neighborhood inside Yale loop was brand new. First city I'd ever seen with no street power lines (all underground) and there wasn't so much as a crack in any of the sidewalks.. so I digress...

Another time I was riding a '78KFX 750 which we had converted to a cafe racer. No pictures, but mine was orange and we did put a little handle bar faring on it. Air cooled. I loved pulling up to expensive street cars and blowing their doors off with ease as most motorcycles (even old ones can do).. heck you're just strapped to a motor and 2 wheels, right? Anyhow, for this one, I was about 19 years old down on Newport Blvd. Traffic was dead stopped at a light and I was splitting lanes at 70mph. That's a big 'No No' as the law states in California you can split lanes no faster that 10mph above traffic's speed, so long as you are not exceeding the posted speed limit. So technically, I was only supposed to be doing 10mph.

Anyhow, on this one a motorcycle cop going the other direction saw me screaming buy and I could see him flip a bitch and his lights go on, well I make a quick study of him, BUT I didn't park and hide my bike. So about 15 minutes and maybe 5-10 miles away, a BUNCH of Leo's found me at another light... I was 'surrounded' and figured I was in deep, too late to bail, so I pulled over. Cop was SCREAMING at me.. he pulled my keys from the ignition and through them in the gutter, cuffed me, balled me out.. I was released with a misdemeanor ticket for reckless driving, going 70mph in a '10mph' zone, since that's the rule. Anyhow that ticket was $775.00 back in like 1991.

Told the judge I couldn't pay it and they assigned me to 4 days community service. Being a young pot-head, I kept going back to court having not completed the service. Last court date, judge says, 'next time you come it, it will be 4 days in jail if you haven't completed it.' Well sure enough, I didn't so around 9 am on the final court date, Judge says, 'OK 4 days in the county jail, when do you want to go?' I said,.. How about now, so the cuffed me and I spent most of the day in the holding cell under the court house with some SERIOUSLY scary dudes (awaiting their murder trial, etc.). Anyhow, got to ride the jail bus to Santa Ana Main, shower and delouse, etc. About midnight I get a bunk, lie down and was woken up around 3am that same night and cut loose (overcrowding). Needless to say, it was a more fun experience (and shorter) than doing 'landscaping' in the summer for 4 days.

http://www.pipeburn.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/01_09_2016_Kawasaki_KZ650_Brat_Clockwork_Motorcycles_02.jpg

All the other times I bailed,... maybe 3-4.. I made sure to 'hide the bike' immediately and get out of dodge before they had time to get back-up and find me. Bike was always where I ditched it (usually put under trees or bushes, etc. careful not to have the hot motor or pipe on vegetation as I didn't want my bike to burn up).

Wild times... and one heck of a long read. .. I can type as fast as I can talk  :rofl:

Y'all have a GREAT weekend!... On Sunday I'll be on a jet plane bound for Kauai for 2 weeks.

abc

Last edited by a moderator:
Ha,... I've ditched the cops on street bikes on several occasions in my youth.. First time I was riding this (my buddy was too) a 1988 YSR 50cc.

I
Not impressed, I did it in a 65 Chevelle with a 327.

Drag racing an IROC who had better brakes than I did. So he slowed down quick but I went by the cop on the rev limiter in 2nd gear. There was a curve in the road and as soon as I couldn't see headlights there was a turn I killed my lights and grabbed parking brake and made a right. Looked in my rearview and there went the IROC with the cop lights on.

That's a good one... Headed to Metropolis night club in the 90's we were punching it down Harvard Blvd. (kinda outskirts of Irvine) in those days and passed a cop going the other direction, we were so close to the club and both very drunk (ashamed of that), told my buddy to hit it.. figured we'd park and run inside, but we got caught in the parking lot. My buddy blew like a .23 or something and they asked me to blow the hand held, well I had a 'weird idea' that I came up with, I took several deep breaths and exhaled before hitting the little toy.. it worked and must have cleared out the alcohol, cause it picked up nothing!... 00.0 .. the cops released his car to me, drove back to Garden Grove where I lived and I was probably still drunk when I picked him up at 7am the next day. Again, disclaimer, not proud of the drunk driving, but it was a weird deal.

I told the cop I had asthma and that's why I needed to take some deep breaths before I blew on it... they bought it, and I figured I didn't have much to lose (they would have gotten me for drunk in public since I wasn't the driver).. I almost wanted them to write me a note or something, but thought better of it and just left with his car.

Pretty lucky I didn't kill someone or myself with the stupidity of youth. Thank God for Uber.. before COVID it's helped with my alcoholism knowing I can go full tilt and still get home. Lots of times I don't remember the uber ride home.. I just wake up and I'm in bed. I don't even drive to a party or bar cause I know I'm gonna uber home.. just uber both ways...

abc

Last edited by a moderator:
Not impressed, I did it in a 65 Chevelle with a 327.

Drag racing an IROC who had better brakes than I did. So he slowed down quick but I went by the cop on the rev limiter in 2nd gear. There was a curve in the road and as soon as I couldn't see headlights there was a turn I killed my lights and grabbed parking brake and made a right. Looked in my rearview and there went the IROC with the cop lights on.
Mine was all caught on tape...

Back