They tried to steal my Suburban...

ANGRYBUTTCRACK

Reaction score
.. So yesterday we meet my parents at the IKEA parking lot in Costa Mesa (as we always do), ditch one car and head up to my sister's place in Newbury Park for a birthday celebration... great time... really drunk... Come back and my parents drop us back at the lot and leave before I figure out that my steering column is jacked. They popped the door lock and tried to 'jimmy' the ignition... Had AAA take it to the dealer, just got off the phone with them. Dude's like '.. yeah it was armature night.. I've been doing this a long time.' .. had a chuckle with the service guy... I'm like. 'couldn't they like, .. watch a YouTube video and figure out how to steal it (better)?'

Anyhow, wonder how much it's gonna cost? The shifter was frozen and the AAA guy had to work underneath to get in neutral for a minute. Steering column is pretty jacked. My wife was gonna try to drive it home, but they broke off a 'tool' in the ignition.

OK, 1st world sh__ but I was raging last night... AAA about 10pm. I jumped out at Rockfield and Lake Forest and increased my drunkenness' at Buffalo Wild Wings... had some of that parmesan garlic .. 

Off to Kauai Saturday, so trying to get my 'island mellow' on... Used up all my curse words for the year... If I would have caught the dudes, they would have died and I'd be in jail forever... OK, ... take some Xanax.. or hit the Vodka?... JK

abc

Suburban break in pic 4.jpg

Suburban break in pic 3.jpg

Suburban break in pic 2.jpg

Suburban break in pic 1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thieves suck!!    Sorry to hear about your misfortune....

Thanks... Regret throwing 'a fit' in front of my sensitive little 15 year old daughter.. will have to apologize when she wakes up. Friend of my wife's picked them up and I dealt with AAA. Cops never came. I don't think I need them for insurance (should the bill be big enough to file)... since I have photos, etc.

Ugh.. The sun will rise.. right?

abc

They probably would've never got past the VATS. I think the ecu needs to be swapped for it to be worked around. Idiots! 

Lemme know if you need any parts.  Have a 2003 sitting in my south 40 slowly being stripped of parts (stole the drivetrain for my Jeep).

Thanks Rock, but it's at the Stealership... so I'm sure I'll get soaked for a mighty dollar... I'm like a 'reverse ATM'.. dollars just shooting out all the time...  :rofl:

😬

The stealership will want to put all new parts in there,  they have mobile column guys that will rebuild that for probably less that your deductible.  Call the insurance...let them deal with it.  

Bummer news...Thieves SUCK! 

Thanks Rock, but it's at the Stealership... so I'm sure I'll get soaked for a mighty dollar... I'm like a 'reverse ATM'.. dollars just shooting out all the time...  :rofl:

😬
Hopefully it’s not at riverside Chevrolet.  They charge insane amounts of money just like other dealerships except when you get your truck back from riverside Chevrolet, it’s prone to stop running a day or two later.  

No Simpson Irvine... I'm a repeat offender.. My front pumpkin and input shaft.. bunch of internals went in my 3500 a few years back.. that was a nice $10k bill.

Fuggit.. my 'money's' gonna outlive me anyway ... I'm just on a journey for spiritual enlightenment and experiences at this point.

abc

OOOHH DAMN.  It’s hard to control the anger when that happens ABC.  

Ugh.. Dealer wants $1900... I have to check my deductible.. I think it's $1k... maybe just eat this one so I don't 'pay' later with rate increases...

OK,.. calm down.. deep breaths... fire up the jacuzzi...

abc

PS. High speed motorcycle chase.. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn ABC...that effing Sucks!

EFF thieves :9mm:

Simpson Irvine is where I take my vehicles...they've been good to me.

:cheers:  

I have never seen the streets of LA so clear and uncongested. Sorry to hear about your ride.

Turn the claim into your insurance. It's a Comprehensive claim and that doesn't raise your rates. You can still file the claim even if you've already paid the stealership. 

Yeah.. I'm gonna file a claim.. fuggit.. I've given these punks (State Farm) over $100k in last many years.. and only made 2 claims..

1. Daughter rear ends somebody (with this suburban),.. turns a compact car into a smashed coke can - $5500.

2. RZR 2014 .. I crack the case at KOH in 2021.. $8300.

So they're really.. REALLY in the black/green.. whatever.

Told my wife.. you see rates go up a nickel and they're DONE.

abc

abc 17.jpg

desktop Oauhu.jpg

Back