The two best days of a mans life….

That looks nice!
I drove to Arizona to check it out and everything on it looked really good or at least acceptable,  prop looked good, drive shaf was true, shifted well, stringers solid, I don’t think the hull had ever been beached.  New barring buddies, a bit of superficial rust on the trailer.  Upholstery could have been better but now rips stains or abrasions   

I had cash in hand and was ready to pay after a quick spin around the nearby lake….

right up until I got to #8

image.jpg

I drove to Arizona to check it out and everything on it looked really good or at least acceptable,  prop looked good, drive shaf was true, shifted well, stringers solid, I don’t think the hull had ever been beached.  New barring buddies, a bit of superficial rust on the trailer.  Upholstery could have been better but now rips stains or abrasions   

I had cash in hand and was ready to pay after a quick spin around the nearby lake….

View attachment 13864
That sucks!

View attachment 13864
Did you disable the fuel system?

Just in time for winter….. and I’ll have $1k in repairs before I even bring it home.     

WVDneW.jpg

After a water test, the seller agreed to fix a couple things with my mechanic and I’m have it a few other things done.    

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats.  Regardless of the banter and cost, we love our boat.  It gets used year round.  (We live in Havasu)

Congrats fellow Hallet 240 owner!!
Right?

That boat came up for sale and I was standing in it with cash in hand within 36 hrs.  It was more than I had been planning on spending so I had to barrow $8k from my turbo engine project but when a Hallett comes up at a reasonable price, you kinda have to jump.

Does it though?  Considering VVVV

:biggrin:
LOL… yea, I’ve decided to do some upgrades… also, I’m thinking about moving away from E85.  It’s going to be inner-cooled and now that I own a boat, I can pump 110 at downs energy.

oh, and yes, it flies.     

This is at 5,000 rpm.  Was running 50/50 old gas/91.  The carb is being rebuilt and the prop is being massaged right now hopefully, probably, ill be able to get it to 6,000 RPM next time it gets wet.

oNmXhd.jpg

You know, you look over the boat for 2 hrs, hop in it and give it a run and it looks great… until you start digging into it.  

Fortunately, a good friend of mine made the drive from his home in Henderson NV to look over the boat when I bought it.  He negotiated with the seller to pay to repair the starter problem and the broken shift cable.   The shifting was just a cable but the starter was a bad ring gear caused by an improperly installed starter.  Seller paid to have my mechanic preform the repairs.   While the engine was out of the boat, I took the opportunity to spend 3 days at my buddies shop repairing 25 years of crappy stereo installations, cracked and brittle hose, messed up wiring, grime and grit etc… 

there are a few merc OEM doodads on the way but here it is ready for the engine 

aDodw2.jpg

VI9Kh8.jpg

Stopped home for lunch and gave my wife the swim step all dried out and by the time I got home from work last night, she had it all sanded and oiled…yea, really 😄

7GOkkV.jpg

Let us see more pics of the entire boat - inside and out.  Love those Hallets!

Back