The Joe Rogan Experience

Rockwood

Reaction score
I've listened to him off and on for a while, and what I like about the show is he's perfectly willing to debate and take both sides of an argument with no specific political slant.  Not sure how he'll do on Spotify given their Woke workforce, but here's hoping.  

Listened to this guy on the way to work today, good listening:

Joe is pretty liberal, but he is not a progressive.  He also has some pretty conservative views. His interviews are more conversations then debates but he won't shy away from a good debate and will call bull Crap when he hears it. 

The best shows are when his comedian friends are on telling stories though.

Joe has had some great pod casts, He's number 1 for a reason.

used to watch on youtube -  really like most of his interviews / conversations.

Don't use Spotify, and joe wasn't enough to cause me to change up my routine. 

Joe is pretty liberal, but he is not a progressive.  He also has some pretty conservative views. His interviews are more conversations then debates but he won't shy away from a good debate and will call bull Crap when he hears it. 

About my take.

Biggest thing I like is:

1. He's willing to debate and doesn't shut down like a lot of idiots today

2. He's not into rooting for a "team"

stopped listening/watching when he jumped to spotify, cause spotify sucks.i prefer to watch some podcast since i feel im getting more out of the podcast being able to see their body language and it feels more personal. i also tend to focus more on the conversion vs just listening where my focus is easily distracted by squirrels.

stopped listening/watching when he jumped to spotify, cause spotify sucks.i prefer to watch some podcast since i feel im getting more out of the podcast being able to see their body language and it feels more personal. i also tend to focus more on the conversion vs just listening where my focus is easily distracted by squirrels.
His Spotify podcast is on video. I agree, it is much better to see someone's body language, but I rarely have time for a 3-4 hour video so I mostly just listen.

I've been a Rogan fan for many years, stand-up, UFC and his podcast. When he was banned from the Comedy Store he started doing a lot of shows at the Ice House in Pasadena, about 15 mins from my house. I've seen him there, and a few other clubs, about 20 times over the years. I've talked to him at a few shows and he's a really good dude. 

I was surprised when he announced the Spotify deal. It reminded me of the Howard Stern going to SIRIUS, which turned our to be the kiss of death for the Stern show, to me at least. 

The first couple of months Rogan was on Spotify he seemed out of sorts and the podcasts were not good. I was bummed and started looking for other podcasts. Lately Rogan seems to have settled in and is more comfortable in Austin and the new studio so the shows are improving and I've been listening more often. Just listened to the interview Scott Eastwood (Clint's son) and it was good. Tried to listen to the David Lee Roth episode but I can't do it. Even Rogan is like Dave, WTF are you talking about?

I really wish Rogan and his team would do more research before spouting off whatever pops up on Google. And I wasn't happy with how much he bought into the Covid crap last year. Glad he has been speaking out lately against healthy people not getting the vaccine. 

I love his comedy, great to listen to when driving.  His podcast seem to sway in the wind, like what was said above.  One thing I do like is he can argue from both sides of any topic, and I like that.  Doesn't feel like he has a agenda so much.

I love his comedy, great to listen to when driving.  His podcast seem to sway in the wind, like what was said above.  One thing I do like is he can argue from both sides of any topic, and I like that.  Doesn't feel like he has a agenda so much.
His comedy is gold...

Joe is socially liberal, but fiscally conservative. He pretty much falls under the umbrella of Libertarianism. 
He revealed after the election that he voted for Jo Jorgensen.

His Spotify podcast is on video. I agree, it is much better to see someone's body language, but I rarely have time for a 3-4 hour video so I mostly just listen.

I've been a Rogan fan for many years, stand-up, UFC and his podcast. When he was banned from the Comedy Store he started doing a lot of shows at the Ice House in Pasadena, about 15 mins from my house. I've seen him there, and a few other clubs, about 20 times over the years. I've talked to him at a few shows and he's a really good dude. 

I was surprised when he announced the Spotify deal. It reminded me of the Howard Stern going to SIRIUS, which turned our to be the kiss of death for the Stern show, to me at least. 

The first couple of months Rogan was on Spotify he seemed out of sorts and the podcasts were not good. I was bummed and started looking for other podcasts. Lately Rogan seems to have settled in and is more comfortable in Austin and the new studio so the shows are improving and I've been listening more often. Just listened to the interview Scott Eastwood (Clint's son) and it was good. Tried to listen to the David Lee Roth episode but I can't do it. Even Rogan is like Dave, WTF are you talking about?

I really wish Rogan and his team would do more research before spouting off whatever pops up on Google. And I wasn't happy with how much he bought into the Covid crap last year. Glad he has been speaking out lately against healthy people not getting the vaccine. 
Yeah, that DLR one was weird. Dave is a dumpster fire.

If you want a solid one, check out the one with Jocko and Tulsi Gabbard.

Yeah, that DLR one was weird. Dave is a dumpster fire.

If you want a solid one, check out the one with Jocko and Tulsi Gabbard.
One thing I can appreciate about DLR is he has been the exact same guy his entire career.  I like hearing his stories of growing up in Pasadena (went to John Muir High School, same as me but 18 years after him) and the backyard parties in our town.  But I couldn't finish the interview on Rogan.

I've seen some clips of Jocko on Rogan's IG, dude is very driven.  Haven't listened to Tulsi but I will.  I really liked Dave Smith the political commentator, which was unexpectedly good.  I had no idea who he was, great interview.  I really liked Mike Baker, ex CIA officer.  Seemed to be very candid about how things work in the world.  Didn't agree with his views on the 2020 election fraud but other than that great interview.  I also like most comics Rogan interviews- Santino, Breuer, Bargatze, Stanhope, etc.  

Spotify app sucks - although I use it.

Love how he asks great questions and really tries to get inside of peoples minds for us to see. 

As a very conservative person not a fan of some of his views - mostly his drug related ones - but I still listen.

Love how he challenges all sides at times just to get the why. 

Like that he has an open mind something the left does not have. Sadly spotify has taken down/ censored many of his podcasts.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Like that he has an open mind something the left does not have. Sadly spotify has taken down/ censored many of his podcasts.  
Seriously??? That’s funny because that’s what joe speaks out about so much, how people should not be told what to do by another human, and Not to be censored. 
I haven’t listened to Rogan for awhile but the first 800 I listened to pretty religiously. The guy is pretty good to listen to. 

Back