The good old days. Quad riding.

onanysunday

Reaction score
Group I used to ride with. My buddy Stewart filming this one. They would race wheel to wheel and try pass each other. So much fun. Do miss it. I had turned 50 when this was filmed and pretty sure it was my last season on the quad. Wanted the cage over my head. I was on the red 450 at the back of the pack.

4 minutes ago, onanysunday said:

Group I used to ride with. My buddy Stewart filming this one. They would race wheel to wheel and try pass each other. So much fun. Do miss it. I had turned 50 when this was filmed and pretty sure it was my last season on the quad. Wanted the cage over my head. I was on the red 450 at the back of the pack.

I loved riding my modded Raptor 700.  If I had continued, I'd still likely be riding it over a UTV.

My group used to be all quads. Those were epic, best rides of my life.

Kids were too young, stayed in camp or at home....Guys Trips always meant epic all day rides till you had to refuel.

Met BBB and started to join follow him in his Sand Car, well the best we all could :lol:  those too were epic rides.

Then the family needed a wagon, got the Rhino, got lazy and mostly drive that when we go now. Family rides are fun, my kids were small....not anymore.

Guy trips need to start back up. I need a Raptor 700 (TLL's Rap 700 was dune perfection, ruined me for anything else)...450's just too much work at my age :ex:

But a dialed in Dune Rap 700 or DS650 are my happy place...maybe a TRX700X

There are virtually no quads out in the dunes anymore, all those people have moved to SxS's, that being said I think there are more Two wheelers now than there used to be.

Loko has been working on building me a custom ATC70 for months now.  It'll give me my fix for riding on my property.  Once I get more settled in, I plan to pick up another Raptor for navigating the off-road parks near me of which there are a ton!

Thanks for the ride, those dunes were awesome! 

The body is to old to ride anymore, but we love going and watching the grandson's enjoying the dunes.

Sure miss the days on my 200x and 250r with the family and friends.

There were times this group would have four quads side by side trying to pass each other. I followed and watched for a long time before I would get up in there and mix it up. I remember multiple times where tires were within a couple feet of each other thinking damn that was close. Guy who was pajama guy on the forum was the jumper of the group. Man he could catch some Big Air. Would love to have some video of everybody mixing it up.

There were times this group would have four quads side by side trying to pass each other. I followed and watched for a long time before I would get up in there and mix it up. I remember multiple times where tires were within a couple feet of each other thinking damn that was close. Guy who was pajama guy on the forum was the jumper of the group. Man he could catch some Big Air. Would love to have some video of everybody mixing it up.
They all have side by sides now....  Pajama Guy still does passes ppl and likes catch air.

Back