The GM52 Hustler clone conversion

I'll be there but the car won't. It will be close. Goal line is set for Thanksgiving.

Putting the car together isn't a problem. It will be the new wiring, new fuel system new dash new ECU then Dyno that will need to get done in a timely manner.

Working on some of the little things as that's all getting done. 

View attachment 16581

View attachment 16582
I hear ya. I'm hoping to have paint finished on my GTF this weekend. then Ill start the assembly. I'm shooting for Christmas week.

Well,

Cars going to powder tomorrow with all the arms are accessories.

Got my hubs back today and the plan was tear down, clean and inspect. 

One rear midboard,.hub bolts were not coming out. Figured something was going to be a problem. Had to beat the cv body off the hat. Sure as chit the hat is wallowed out from a past loose bolt issue.  The bearing carrier had worn into the hat as well and took out the inner dust seal. 

Time for a new midboard but these old gen 4 934's midboards are dated and dont thing they are made anymore. 

So, ringing Grant in the morning to see what my options are for new midboards and when they can be had.

Well,

Cars going to powder tomorrow with all the arms are accessories.

Got my hubs back today and the plan was tear down, clean and inspect. 

One rear midboard,.hub bolts were not coming out. Figured something was going to be a problem. Had to beat the cv body off the hat. Sure as chit the hat is wallowed out from a past loose bolt issue.  The bearing carrier had worn into the hat as well and took out the inner dust seal. 

Time for a new midboard but these old gen 4 934's midboards are dated and dont thing they are made anymore. 

So, ringing Grant in the morning to see what my options are for new midboards and when they can be had.
Bummer man.

Any thoughts about outboards?  A lot easier to change and service.

Bummer man.

Any thoughts about outboards?  A lot easier to change and service.
No, I'm happy with the Funco Midboards. I have no history with this car and not surprised to find a problem like this.  You know me, I service my stuff and know my stuff.  This comes late unfortunately, as we needed to keep the car a roller for quite some time. 

No, I'm happy with the Funco Midboards. I have no history with this car and not surprised to find a problem like this.  You know me, I service my stuff and know my stuff.  This comes late unfortunately, as we needed to keep the car a roller for quite some time. 
Bummer GM.  But better to have it right with all the other work you've done to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another trip to Funco :makerain:

New Gen 6 rear arms. New Gen 6 midboard assemblies. New bearings and hardware to boot.

Not sure whats left on this car that will resemble or actually still be considered gen 4.

Steering rack is all I can think of. And with that mention its also at Funco for rebuild just because.

Should get the frame and bolt on items back from powder coating next week.

Jet Trim finished the seats. Thank you @Mac for picking them up and verifying conditions.

new seat.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Another trip to Funco :makerain:

New Gen 6 rear arms. New Gen 6 midboard assemblies. New bearings and hardware to boot.

Not sure whats left on this car that will resemble or actually still be considered gen 4.

Steering rack is all I can think of. And with that mention its also at Funco for rebuild just because.

Should get the frame and bolt on items back from powder coating next week.

Jet Trim finished the seats. Thank you @Mac for picking them up and verifying conditions.

View attachment 17361
Who did your sand blasting and powder coating?

Back