The GM52 Hustler clone conversion

Decided to let this out.

Heres the color theme.

Shocks came in. Im getting fitted in the car tomorrow.  Picking up the new AEM dash and switch pro thanks to Justin hooking me up.

Ill get some car photos tomorrow to post up.

Granted below is a 4 seat with a v8, its the rendering that I like and will work well with my modifications.

getPart.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You can’t go wrong with funco, absolute best at what they do! That is going to be one bad ass dune machine! It’s awesome that you are keeping the Subi in it! That makes those cars feel alive! Even with a naturally aspirated one! Can’t wait to see the finished product! 

You can’t go wrong with funco, absolute best at what they do! That is going to be one bad ass dune machine! It’s awesome that you are keeping the Subi in it! That makes those cars feel alive! Even with a naturally aspirated one! Can’t wait to see the finished product! 
Funco isn't doing the work. Arrive & Drive prep. Trey is doing some very nice work.

@Grease Monkey did you get your seats?

Not trying to hijack your thread, but would love some info on your AEM dash programming when you get there. I'm still trying to sort out the programming and alarm light settings on mine from previous owner. 

Decided to let this out.

Heres the color theme.

Shocks came in. Im getting fitted in the car tomorrow.  Picking up the new AEM dash and switch pro thanks to Justin hooking me up.

Granted below is a 4 seat with a v8, its the rendering that I like and will work well with my modifications.

View attachment 12976
That’s about as bad ass as they come. 

Not trying to hijack your thread, but would love some info on your AEM dash programming when you get there. I'm still trying to sort out the programming and alarm light settings on mine from previous owner. 
I look forward to messing with mine. When I get there I will start a thread on it.  If you haven't yet, I would update the software and see if it open up those options.

Decided to let this out.

Heres the color theme.

View attachment 12976
Purdy!

:bag:

:dbart:

Can't wait to see this done.

Congrats.   :cheers:

Grease monkey,this thread has motivated me to update my minivan. Your car is looking great, good job!!

Got some seat time tonight. Hehe. Not really but really.  Trey put the seat mounts down low as I asked so this time I could really get in and check my fitment. 

Really happy with seat location, steering wheel angle and distance. Brake and clutch pedal position. Dash view as well as seeing over the dash. 

Little changes but big results for me. 

I'm having a floor put in over the frame tubes. Can't recall another gen 4 conversion that went that distance. This allowed me to use the new Tilton brake and clutch pedals as well as cleaning it up in there. No more tubes to kick around.

Lowering the seats took care of the raise in floor level and pedal reach. 

Nothing is hanging below the belly pan.

Another big deal is my overhead distance to the roof.  I can now wear a helmet (on those special occasions) without it touching the roof.

IMG_20210908_202643.jpg

IMG_20210908_202645.jpg

View attachment 13616

View attachment 13617

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking good from the pics looks like might be provisions for a door on drivers side just curious. This is going to be bad a$$ It is my pick for the favorite Funco thread

looking really good, has me wondering what I can get done on mime in 2 months 🙂

Looking good from the pics looks like might be provisions for a door on drivers side just curious. This is going to be bad a$$ It is my pick for the favorite Funco thread
Yes, doors on both sides.

• Thanks
Reactions: GBR
I was feeling the pressure since I hooked you up with Trey, happy to see some results and the progress on the car! I know some of the delay is out of his hands and its nice to see some in the industry step up and help you! 

Gonna be so nice Ill take a ride in the passenger seat,,,,,and I hate the passenger seat!

I was feeling the pressure since I hooked you up with Trey, happy to see some results and the progress on the car! I know some of the delay is out of his hands and its nice to see some in the industry step up and help you! 

Gonna be so nice Ill take a ride in the passenger seat,,,,,and I hate the passenger seat!
After that you can drive it. Grant can thank me later :lmao:

You need a Funco in your life!!!

Back