That New Truck Smell

What do they rate them on towing ?? never owned a ford . 
With the max tow package it is around the 13,500 range.  Way more than I would want to tow with 1/2ton.  I use to tow a 24' toyhauler that was around 9,500lbs loaded with my F150.  The ecoboost motor had no issues while towing.  

All I know is I am on my third 3.5 Eco and I have zero issues with all three trucks.  I really like the way they drive and now with the 10 speed tranny they skoot and tow pretty nice.
I am also on my 3rd Ecoboost.  Going to the 10 speed transmission was huge.   I was trying to get my 4th Ecoboost end of last year, but the dealers just want way too much money for the same trim level (Lariat) as my 2018. 

I am also on my 3rd Ecoboost.  Going to the 10 speed transmission was huge.   I was trying to get my 4th Ecoboost end of last year, but the dealers just want way too much money for the same trim level (Lariat) as my 2018. 
I ended up buying a used 2019 with the 3.5 to get me thru.............

With the max tow package it is around the 13,500 range.  Way more than I would want to tow with 1/2ton.  I use to tow a 24' toyhauler that was around 9,500lbs loaded with my F150.  The ecoboost motor had no issues while towing.  
But does it have 3/4 ton parts?

@TeeCee  :poke:

If they be soo good, whey you 2 going thru them like hotcakes?

:lol:   serious question tho.

The title of this thread is probably why.
I'm still rolling in my '03 CHVY 2500 HD...

shopping

#1stWorldProblems

I like new and shiny!  Plus Ford kept offering me 0% financing so it was free money.  LOL!

Only issue I had with any of my trucks was with my first Ecoboost killing a spark plug at 75,000 miles.  

I just wanted a 2020.   My truck kept going up in value every time I would sit down to try and work a deal.  The problem was the pricing of the new ones also went up.  LOL!

The good thing is I don't need a new truck so I am not going to pull the trigger on a new one until the deal makes sense for me.  Plus I have been looking at the new Tundra that also now has a twin turbo V6.  

1st one was a 2012, drove it to 100k miles in two years (a lot of work driving).  Bought a 2014, sold to my son 2018 with 78k miles.  Covid hit and I was too cheap to buy anything and I wasn't traveling, so bought a f150 with the 4.8L (2010) to get me thru.  Just bought a 2019 Raptor with the 3.5L with 25k miles..................the 3.5 EcoBoost as been around since around 2008.  I don't use to tow a big trailer, just my box trailer round town.  I bought a Raptor this time because I am setting it up to do some Baja and desert adventures.  I thought about buying a jeep, but it won't tow my box trailer around.  I also can flat tow the Raptor behind the Moho................long story, but you get the drift of the reasoning.

Had to order ours to avoid stupid pricing.  Used a Ford X plan PIN from a friend, so got about $7k off.

Back