That damn McMillan crash

On 6/27/2021 at 9:23 AM, Chingon619 said:

That damn McMillan Baja Penalty self inflicted too. Was trippin' on it for a bit. 

Total pee pee move of the year!!!!

What if there was a kid or someone sleeping in the tent.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! Total BS. If that was my tent /canopy bottles would have been thrown at him or anyone else that would do that. 
So your racing and eff up so now you get to run over whatever you like. ? Nope!

Also hate when I’m stuck in traffic and a motorcycle keeps reving his engine so I move to the side. Sorry dude you pass when you can. I move over when I can as I to was a motorcycle driver. Sorry for the rant. 

As soon as the race was over he offered to pay for the tent the easy up and anything that was damaged right away, Apologized for the damage, and asked the owner of those items to contact him right away. pretty stand-up guy in the heat of the moment with adrenaline pumping It's hard to say what you would do.

One thing in common......They are on the gas!! Peace

Wow! Total BS. If that was my tent /canopy bottles would have been thrown at him or anyone else that would do that. 
So your racing and eff up so now you get to run over whatever you like. ? Nope!

Also hate when I’m stuck in traffic and a motorcycle keeps reving his engine so I move to the side. Sorry dude you pass when you can. I move over when I can as I to was a motorcycle driver. Sorry for the rant. 
The spectators are right on the course and Crap happens.  Story is Dan did make it right with the owner of that stuff.  

Several years ago BJ Baldwin ran over/through some canopies during a race.  The spectators set up shop in spot most of the teams had pre-run a specific line days earlier.  

Story is Rossi had no clue he even clipped the jeep until he was shown the video.  

36 minutes ago, Sand Shark said:

The spectators are right on the course and Crap happens.  Story is Dan did make it right with the owner of that stuff.  

Several years ago BJ Baldwin ran over/through some canopies during a race.  The spectators set up shop in spot most of the teams had pre-run a specific line days earlier.  

Damn!!

You ready to go watch a race in Mexico?   LOL!

Riding down in Baja in non-race situations is a lot of fun and like no other off-roading experience.  
I will stay away from Mexico, thankyou. lol. Been probably 20 years. Cabo San Lucas. I always remember one of the vendors selling his blankets along the beach. He set them down to hold one up and sell his wares. A rogue wave came up and soaked all his blankets. Couldn't help but laugh because they drive you nuts with no peace and quiet. 

Women-beach-vendor-selling-her-wares-on-Medano-Beach-Cabo-San-Lucas-2010-She-buys-the.png

I will stay away from Mexico, thankyou. lol. Been probably 20 years. Cabo San Lucas. I always remember one of the vendors selling his blankets along the beach. He set them down to hold one up and sell his wares. A rogue wave came up and soaked all his blankets. Couldn't help but laugh because they drive you nuts with no peace and quiet. 

View attachment 8297
Had a buddy who went to RP for years, The last time he went he had a blanket guy like that stop and try to sell his wife a blanket while he was back at the truck getting something. When he walked up she was saying no thanks to the blanket but the guy was being pretty persistent. So my buddy told him to take a hike that they were not interested in the blankets. The guy walks off and my buddy walks back to the truck. Then the Federalies   walk up and ask him where it is. He was confused and he said what are you talking about.  They told him what he got from the blanket guy. He said I got nothing from him, Do you see a blanket.  They said no the Heroin, Blanket guy was selling heroin and they know he got some. He didn't but they searched his truck for an hour anyway. 

View attachment 8297
We did a cruise to Mexico 10 years ago.  We were on one of the beaches and my 5 year old kid kept calling the vendors over.  He would speak what ever Spanish he learned from Dora the Explorer and Diego cartoons.  LMAO!!!!!!

I have a lot of fun on my Baja trips.  Off-roading along the coast of Baja is a completely different experience from going to all the tourist destinations.  

Had a buddy who went to RP for years, The last time he went he had a blanket guy like that stop and try to sell his wife a blanket while he was back at the truck getting something. When he walked up she was saying no thanks to the blanket but the guy was being pretty persistent. So my buddy told him to take a hike that they were not interested in the blankets. The guy walks off and my buddy walks back to the truck. Then the Federalies   walk up and ask him where it is. He was confused and he said what are you talking about.  They told him what he got from the blanket guy. He said I got nothing from him, Do you see a blanket.  They said no the Heroin, Blanket guy was selling heroin and they know he got some. He didn't but they searched his truck for an hour anyway. 
Wow. 

thats the kind of bullsheet that prevents me from ever going back to Mexico.  There is SOO much awesome stuff to do here in the states, I got no need to put up with that BS.

I don't think some of you guys understand that it wasn't necessarily a "Screw up".
These teams spend weeks prerunning and deciding what lines they wanna take during the race.
It's not uncommon for spectators to set up in a manner where they're blocking these lines,
forcing the racers to make decisions on the fly on where to go. This was one of those such cases.
He went the line that he'd mapped out, and people had blocked it, so he had to work his way back.

Back