super charger Air intake temps

What I was meaning is check the CTS forums. Many people are extremely disappointed when going to the larger. Maggie on the LSA platform. If you're going to upgrade I would put a whipple 3 l on there. Your intake temps aren't bad, so we really don't need the cooling aspect of a bigger blower. What I was saying is my 402 with my Maggie puts out as much horsepower as my 440 with a whipple did. And the same intake temperatures. I don't think there's a big enough difference between a 1.7 and a 2.3. like you said, there's plenty of people getting stupid power out of an LSA blower
what is "an LSA Blower"?

and is there a good place to learn about all of these "new fangled blowers"?  In my world there are only three kinds of blowers, GMC roots, Screws, and Centrifugals

Last edited by a moderator:
what is "an LSA Blower"?

and is there a good place to learn about all of these "new fangled blowers"?  In my world there are only three kinds of blowers, GMC roots, Screws, and Centrifugals
Factory super charger on an LSA engine. Engine is found in Cadillac ctsv and Camaro zl1 from like 2009ish - 2015ish

GTF 2 seater with 440 and 4.0 blower. 127 degrees most of the time. will get to 135 if running farther up front.  heat exchanger in a two seater is the size of the engine radiator and have some big brushless fans.  IMO 4 seaters are a struggle to keep cool. I do think that the air intake tubes and air filter local on our funcos catch catch some heat. I am going to wrap my intake tubes  with some gold heat shield just because.

More power now isn't my only reason, will be nice, but I want a bigger blower that will be enough when I stroke my motor, the 1.7L won't cut it.

Plus the 2.3L maggie is more efficient than the Gen 1 1.7L, so that should mean lower IATs.

Not sure what you mean about the LSA blowers.

I have buddies getting crazy power out of them when they under/over drive them.
If you're upgrading, the TVS 2650 is super efficient.

https://www.eaton.com/us/en-us/catalog/engine-solutions/tvs-r2650.html

https://magnusonsuperchargers.com/products/05-00-26-153-bl

Give some input and get chit back about what I'm doing.
Just posting options.  You don't have to take it.  It's the exact same price, and Eaton themselves (who make it) say its better and give the data on why.

Just posting options.  You don't have to take it.  It's the exact same price, and Eaton themselves (who make it) say its better and give the data on why.
I didn't ask for options.

The OP asked for input.

I didn't ask for options.

The OP asked for input.
Nope.  And I didn't give you chit.  If you think I did, please untie thy panties, for they be betwixed thine trousers.

Interesting.  I need to do some looking into these.

View attachment 66621
you can find them on line for about 1800 to 3k.   they work real good and my caddy had 699 rwhp with some mods and a cam.  No internal mods besides cam.  Ported blower, bigger heat exchanger, bigger injectors and a smaller pulley, OH it was on E85.  super unlead was 638rwhp.  

Also the GM LS9 super chargers are 2.3l so you can get one of those used as well. Eaton makes them I do believe. From my experience with my CTSV and the blower motors I have had in Sandrails bigger blowers are not always going to make more power. I really think the key is cooling of air intake temps. I am running the smallest pulley I can get for my Maggie now.  I was running a 4.25 on the whipple.  You can get the smaller ones used or as take offs and they make a lot of power.  If you are going over 1000hp then yes you need a bigger supercharger. but the smaller ones are great and cheap for under 1000hp.    I do know of plenty of CTSV's that are over 800 with the stock lsa supercharger but all of them have been ported.  there are a few company's out there that port the factory blowers. Check the LS forums on Facebook and some pop up quite offen. 

thanks Jason, that guy does some fun stuff. 

It is amazing to me what todays motors will do........ 

Also the GM LS9 super chargers are 2.3l so you can get one of those used as well. Eaton makes them I do believe. From my experience with my CTSV and the blower motors I have had in Sandrails bigger blowers are not always going to make more power. I really think the key is cooling of air intake temps. I am running the smallest pulley I can get for my Maggie now.  I was running a 4.25 on the whipple.  You can get the smaller ones used or as take offs and they make a lot of power.  If you are going over 1000hp then yes you need a bigger supercharger. but the smaller ones are great and cheap for under 1000hp.    I do know of plenty of CTSV's that are over 800 with the stock lsa supercharger but all of them have been ported.  there are a few company's out there that port the factory blowers. Check the LS forums on Facebook and some pop up quite offen. 
Used is definitely nice with the very capable stock blowers out there.  Couple of guys in camp have upgraded from 2Ds and 930s to S4s and 934s and are contemplating stressing out the drivetrain once again... :biggrin:

Back