Subscription Services Coming To A Car You Own!

There is a new generation that will accept monthly payments/subscriptions for everything, like you mentioned above.  Drives me nuts, my goal is to reduce my monthly nut.  This new generation has no interest in actually owning anything, for the most part they would rather rent or pay a monthly fee for everything................from food service, to TV, To radio, to cars and a place to live.  Thus your answer to the above is NO.
This is 100% correct. And the technocracy loves this. If anyone has been paying attention to people like Klauss Schwabb from the world economic forum it becomes very clear. he simply states the in the near future you will own nothing and rent everything and be happy.

Ultimately this is ALL about control and nothing more. it gives these large corps so much control over the people its insane. You pay us or we shut off..... whatever. This then becomes YOU DO WHAT WE SAY (ie. vaccines) or we shut you off from participating in normal everyday things like driving or shopping. Then it will be no banking for you and so on.

So something so mundane such as using the key fob in reality becomes a tool of manipulation and control.

There is a new generation that will accept monthly payments/subscriptions for everything, like you mentioned above.  Drives me nuts, my goal is to reduce my monthly nut.  This new generation has no interest in actually owning anything, for the most part they would rather rent or pay a monthly fee for everything................from food service, to TV, To radio, to cars and a place to live.  Thus your answer to the above is NO.
True!

I'm on a plan to get my house paid for in 15 years...if sooner then cool, but at least the plan is in motion.

Funny, my brother says why would you want to try and do that...who cares?

Um, I do...I don't want to retire with a mortgage. Having the house paid for is like having a HUGE nest egg. If we decide to up and move out of Communist CA then bye bye, cash in and see ya!

IoT and Connected Cars.... we are way further down the road then most people realize.

Cars have not been a sanctuary/vehicle for "escape" in years. Besides, folks take their cell phone everywhere anyways.

Had this type of BS with my Genesis.

But not with the KEYFOB.

They made you pay for the privilege's to use your PHONE  to unlock, start, honk the horn, etc etc.... I just didn't pay for it... 

You don't fit their demographic, so you are an anomaly  - if "enough" of you stand up and do that, they will lock you out.  Remember car companies can always shut down the aftermarket stating "safety or emissions" reasons. The more Softwre controlled these cars are,  the less control you will have - thats a fact. 
Yep.  For example, BMW:

36003346-0-image-a-40_1606137985801.jpg

That car is a hideous troglodyte that drives like chit and is full of TV screens.  Ultimate Driving Machine is why I bought them, not because I wanted everyone to know I spent a lot of money.  M2 is their last good car, and it's sales are tiny compared to X model Land Yachts.

Had Onstar when my truck was new then a year later cancelled it when the free subscription was over (I know I paid for it when I initially bought the truck)

I hate now that even TV shows suck you in...then by the 3rd episode you have to subscribe to watch it.

WTF?

Mayor of Kingstown was awesome till they wanted 9.99 a month to keep watching.

🖕

Yup its a few bucks here more there few more wherever.Problem is theres too many of them and they add up,Just like streaming tv started cheap but now many channels on different platforms so need to get multiple.

I don't want to retire with a mortgage. 

I have two (2) financial NAZI's in my life. Everytime I have a crazy idea ( $250k Funco / $1.5mil Prevost) they veto my ideas. They've been my go to lunch dates for 15 years. And the ONE (1) thing they say is........No Wealthy person has a mortgage payment! Peace

Seems as if though gm has ability to make something wearable last ALOT longer!! But no money in that. Seems it was the 03-06 models. Everyone I know still on originals. 

Back