Subaru 2.0 won’t start

I also had an 091 with Weddle internals. I had a 2.5 block with 2.0 heads/turbo; regular JDM turbo 2.5 and a full STi 2.5 (out of 2006 WRX Sti). All behind a 091. If you are a smart driver they will last. Don't get me wrong, I could break it at any time if I wanted to. I ride with Turbo Manx Manic. Our whole group has 2.5/091 combos. 
I would like to go this route!

I would like to go this route!
Do it if you can. My 2.0 was my first non-VW motor. I thought it was the best thing ever! Until I got a 2.5. The 2.5 Sti motor (100% STi, not just block) was the best motor I have ever owned. 

Do it if you can. My 2.0 was my first non-VW motor. I thought it was the best thing ever! Until I got a 2.5. The 2.5 Sti motor (100% STi, not just block) was the best motor I have ever owned. 
Ok. Conflicted but maybe this helps. Guy in out group, duning forever. Had 2.5 that went out from a turbo problem, switched to the 2.0, asked him if he missed his 2.5 he said—nope!🤷‍♂️
but maybe “100% STI” is the difference?

Ok. 

got injectors back. Checked cylinder and appears to be a lot less gas when cranking. 
new spark plugs gapped to .030. 

ignition switch on

fan runs 

same as before just cranking. 

plugged in buddy ecu and fan didn’t come on. It started and ran a little ruff as I don’t know what that ecu is tuned like (think it was used on a 2.5)

so appears to be an ecu problem. 

@John@Outfront
I’m headed your way and will drop off mid morning. 

Picked up my buggy yesterday from Outfront, rolled up just as John was getting ready to tune on the dyno. 

Wait rewind, 1 week to the day. Head out to drop off buggy with John. I walk in the door and immediately takes me out to my buggy to start going over what needs to be done. Starts going through my setup and noticing little things that should be done. Should’ve started recording cause the info that spills out of this guys mouth is all very usable knowledge, with no filler. Anyway about 10 mins in his electrical guy chimes in and they’re going back and forth with things most guys would have seen a thousand time and would just been short with you. I felt like my buggy was their buggy and to be honest felt like they would keep talking about it till I was tired of it. When there’s passion behind your work it is way more fun to give your money to that company. Got nervous when he asked me if I had any trips coming up- I said “yeah Presidents’ Day”.  He said ok.  I don’t hear anything and then an email, when of course everyone else wouldn’t have even started on it yet, says “you’re buggy’s running come pick it up tomorrow between 1-2”.

Ok.

I show up about 1/2hour early John has me hang out and watch the tuning process and keeps saying this thing is “hot”. I guess some good pulls which makes me feel better about the health of the motor! 

All done on time and on the trailer. 

ECU was bad, had a new link installed, new harness(very clean and will make any diagnosing way more user friendly) and wired up.

Might sound crazy but even pulling it on the trailer just “felt” cleaner and stronger, kinda like how the car drives better after a good car wash. I gotta figure the old ecu(bad) and tune were sub par for the engine. It starts no matter what now—No more starting fluid!

Obviously huge props to John and Brian and the whole staff at Outfront Motorsports!

Can’t wait to rip this thing. 

Back