Stackers- Universal or Santek

URCLEVER

Reaction score
So I am really torn on which stacker company to order from. Narrowed it down to the 2. Both are reputable companies. I like the universal's because I technically own 2 of them now, they tow great, nice little features. Santek has many nice features, don't know how they tow. I like the drive over fenders in the universal Vs the block style fenders on the santek. Anyone have some info to share. They are both comparably priced.

The only thing I didn’t like about the two Universals I had was both of them started to show rust through the paint on a lot of the welds. Especially the back of the trailer door at the bottom. I’m sure the Santek is the same it’s just behind the walls so you can’t see it. Lol

i do prefer the drive over fenders on the universal tho. 

both tow the same in my opinion. Had multiple of both. I would probably go with the best price and timeline. 

I'm sure santek can build whichever style wheel well you prefer. I have a few friends that have santek and love them. My father in law just build a brand new universal, Whatever the timeline they give you just double it and thats when it will be done. My brother, father in law, and myself all have TPD stackers and love them. The wheel wells in them are different than most so we are all able to drive in between them. They tow amazing and the quality is one of the best 

Thank you that is a fair priced trailer that needs a lil loving. I need to 100" door for the GTU Funco

I'm sure santek can build whichever style wheel well you prefer. I have a few friends that have santek and love them. My father in law just build a brand new universal, Whatever the timeline they give you just double it and thats when it will be done. My brother, father in law, and myself all have TPD stackers and love them. The wheel wells in them are different than most so we are all able to drive in between them. They tow amazing and the quality is one of the best 
That is great info. thank you.

Is there any appreciable dry weight difference between the two manufacturer's? 

Thank you that is a fair priced trailer that needs a lil loving. I need to 100" door for the GTU Funco
That's gonna be a little tuff, that is if you're going to remain within that 102" legal width limit.  All the "wide ramp door" trailers I've owned or seen have 2" rear corner posts, which obviously result in a 98" wide opening.  Perhaps the TPD trailer with it's composite sidewalls offer a 1" wide corner post option however, I doubt it... that's not much structure for the ramp door opening.  It's my observation most trailers have 4" wide rear corner posts/94" wide opening... the extra 2" on each side helps maintain a "square" rear door opening, plus provides space for door latches, in lieu of door mounting.  My wide-door stacker opening is a bit lacking in the rigidity department...it's a sturdy, heavy Pace American, yet if the trailer isn't on a relatively level surface, sometimes the ramp door will bind a bit within the box opening.  Years ago, I recall a trailer builder who was building trailers wider than 102", think it was Braco/Brown... who coincidently are no longer in business.  If that's the route you want to take, might want to make contact with the manufacturers first, to see if they're willing to go beyond that 102" number.   

Thank you, that is good information.  I have requested a 106 wide body due to big a$$ on funco!

Thank you, that is good information.  I have requested a 106 wide body due to big a$$ on funco!
My friend ordered a stacker with a belly lift from Intech that will fit his Funco GT -ANA.  He is in the 106" wide range.    Intech builds some really nice aluminum stackers.  I think it took about 8 months for him to get it.  

Last edited by a moderator:
I don’t have any experience with stacker trailers but have towed numerous trailers for people over the years. This monster Santek gooseneck was by far the nicest towing trailer I’ve ever pulled. Even completely empty it was an absolute hoss but ran smooth and straight as could be up the 5 to Santa Cruz.

2F0AFA34-C827-49C2-89B4-5BE5F7450C19.png

Well I got pricing at the end of the year. And went to put deposit in and boom 5k adjustment in under 60 days. May just stick with what I got. #fjb and his inflation.

Well deposit has been sent. Going with the Santek. They seem to be more bang for my buck. Universal rep was awesome (Eric), and I am sure he is pissed at me but at the end of the day I need to make my dollar work for me. I will have to unload my 2022 22ft 106 wide box universal trailer when it comes to completion. What bolt pattern /offset are the raceline wheels. 

Well deposit has been sent. Going with the Santek. They seem to be more bang for my buck. Universal rep was awesome (Eric), and I am sure he is pissed at me but at the end of the day I need to make my dollar work for me. I will have to unload my 2022 22ft 106 wide box universal trailer when it comes to completion. What bolt pattern /offset are the raceline wheels. 
About when will the 22ft be for sale? 

I may put it up for sale next month, havent determined yet. All depends when they start the santek and when my season is over. 

What size did you order? How much fuel and water? What other options did you go with? Belly lift? Cabinets? Gen? Come on man, don’t be such a tease 😝

Just thought of it we build together again.  HaHa.   Stackers this time.  Can't wait to see your Santek.  Im sure it will be very nice.  Lets see who gets done first.  I bet you. 

Just thought of it we build together again.  HaHa.   Stackers this time.  Can't wait to see your Santek.  Im sure it will be very nice.  Lets see who gets done first.  I bet you. 
Didn't even think about it. But yes another build brother. Let's just get them done problem free🤞

What size did you order? How much fuel and water? What other options did you go with? Belly lift? Cabinets? Gen? Come on man, don’t be such a tease 😝
Ordered a santek 22ft extra wide v nose with belly lift. 100 gal water, 100 gal fuel, front loft and bench with toolbox and cabinets, full panel interior. 110v power, genny box . Still contemplating the carpet on lower30 " of walls. Just want to do it 1 time. 

IMG_9927.jpg

So are you selling that heavy 28’ Haulmark then? What size did you order from Santek? Same 28’? 

Ordered a santek 22ft extra wide v nose with belly lift. 100 gal water, 100 gal fuel, front loft and bench with toolbox and cabinets, full panel interior. 110v power, genny box . Still contemplating the carpet on lower30 " of walls. Just want to do it 1 time. 

View attachment 26703

I was looking at the Santek website and I see they build all aluminum Stackers. Did you order aluminum or steel? I didn’t realize they do all AL. I may have to inquire with them as a potential option. 

Back