SS360 vs Buffed paddle

4WD helps share the load, the front driveshaft spins all the time anyway.

For the turbo xp non s version do you run the 30” ss360s or 32”. Stock tires are 30”. 

For the turbo xp non s version do you run the 30” ss360s or 32”. Stock tires are 30”. 
I would suggest 32's for the ride height. Plenty of power to push them. We even run 32's on the non-turbo. 

What size SS360’s and paddles are you running on the late 200 horse model X3?

My buddies with new can ams are still running 32's; they just run more paddles. 

I would suggest 32's for the ride height. Plenty of power to push them. We even run 32's on the non-turbo. 
Does it rub at all?  I recall a couple situations where I rubbed with a tall set of buffed front Skats that measured around 31" 

I would run what ever size came with your X3, i got the 30" ss360 and they are a couple inches taller than the stock 30" bighorns.

I would run what ever size came with your X3, i got the 30" ss360 and they are a couple inches taller than the stock 30" bighorns.

Thanks guys! I appreciate all the info.

Are you running 30's on a 14" or 15" wheel?

I ran my big horns aired down to 8 psi the last two seasons on my 2018 X3 XRS Maxx and they got the job done. I had to keep my momentum and kept my foot on the floor damn near the entire time. 

I just picked up a set of the 360HP in 32” for this season and I am excited to see the difference they make. I have had a couple guys say that they make it much easier to hold lines and you are not nearly as dependent on momentum. 

32 inch ss360hp's in the rear and the normal ss360's in the front...method's "griplock" wheels - lighter than beadlocks and provide similar functionality - plus weigh less than most traditional beadlocks.   Couldnt be happier.

image.png

32 inch ss360hp's in the rear and the normal ss360's in the front...method's "griplock" wheels - lighter than beadlocks and provide similar functionality - plus weigh less than most traditional beadlocks.   Couldnt be happier.

View attachment 47143
Looking good. 32's make all the difference. Happy duning!!

Get the 32" SS360s.  You can run them no problem and the extra ground clearance is good.  My friend runs the 32" on his 172 hp X3 with no issues. 

View attachment 47143
Those griplock wheels are no joke.  They were the hardest wheel to get the tires off.  Took it to a tire shop and they struggled due to my paddle tire set up not having a stiff sidewall like a regular tire.  If you debead a tire on those wheels you did something special. 

Last edited by a moderator:
What sizes are you guys running the 32 SS360?  32x10x15 front and 32x12x15 on back?  or ??

Something else to consider, mileage. Two of my buddies run the same SXS, one with SS360 and the other w traditional paddles. On long dune runs, the fella with the 360s comes back empty while the paddled car still has a few gallons… FWIW 

Back