Spare Parts……

Alum fenders are cool....till they catch the rocks on the trail...seen sooo many pushed in qtrs and fenders from the fenders.  I guess something is gonna get scraped on the trail, I would just rather have it be a plastic fender. 

https://mcefenders.com/shop-by-vehicle/jeep-wrangler-jk.html

I have the MCEs on my lj....
I agree with you to a point. We had plastic ones on our older JK models and I was quite shocked that they were not hit on the sides.  For my wife’s JL model I think the nemesis Aluminum fenders by far looks the best as in the pictures above with the gray fenders on the Orange jeep. They’re pretty tucked in from the sidewall of the tire so it is not like they are super wide or anything to scrape rocks or walls….

We’ve leaned my buddies’ Jeeps with a significant percentage of the Jeep’s weight on metal fenders. No smooshed panels. Haven’t banged them into stuff, just rubbed them. I assume banging into stuff, won’t matter if it’s metal or plastic. 

Either way, it’s a Jeep. Just hook the winch to the fender and pull it back out. :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:
Alum looks better for sure.... I guess it's preference.... plus if I had a JL and rubbed it something the wife would kill many anyways..... she almost did when she found out how much I had in my LJ.....

Back