Something is happening that I thought would never happen! I'm retiring!!!

Bigsammy

Reaction score
It's time for me to call it a day and move on! 

I've been working since I was around 12...I'm 62 now...so I think 50 years is enough!

We bought a new motor home and we plan to wear it out!! LOL!! We're gong to see the country and beyond!

Here's to the next adventure!!

20210802_174714.jpg

Damn congratulations.  I’m a year behind you.  Good luck with new life. 

Hot darn congratulations BigSammy, the road ahead is an adventure waiting for you. Enjoy this new life, and smile as you travel. You are retired.

Damn I’m Jealous, I’m 61, can’t wait for that day, have fun. 

Wear that motor home out and move on to the next one. Enjoy your new life, totally!

Congrats –

It has to be hugely gratifying being able to afford to retire . . .

Doing the Americas tour and a never ending vacation with no worries about "getting back to work" sounds like paradise ... ENJOY!!!

Congratulations! Always excited to hear when someone retires. Looking forward to my turn someday. 

It's all down hill from here BigSammy. Enjoy the ride. Peace

Congratulations! I am trying to retire in the next year. How do you flip the switch from saving money to spending the money that you saved. Mentally that is going to be a tough one for me. 

Well deserved, congrats to you and the Mrs.......enjoy the best days ahead.

Congratulations! I am trying to retire in the next year. How do you flip the switch from saving money to spending the money that you saved. Mentally that is going to be a tough one for me. 
With your thoughts of money you will do just fine. Takes a little adjustment but if you are a saver, you still will be in retirement. My wife and I have been really lucky and have gotten to do so much since retiring, 21 years ago, yet the nest egg continues to grow. 

Good for you, I am 6 years away.  Watching love ones passing in their mid 70's has motivated me to retire sooner than later....................

Back