(SOLD) PBS 4-speed Sequential $8K obo (SOLD)

These are excellent trans, I have one in a Suspension unlimited with 550hp to the wheels, It had a 2D and would have to repaired every other trip when I finally switched to the PBS, 10 years on it and decided to pull it to check it out. It was in very good shape. Just going to replace bearings and seals. I went with a PBS over the 4S trans because when switching from 2D to 4S you have to to raise the engine about a 1", that meant changing all the water tubes and other stuff. PBS was easy, just had the flip the rear trans mount.  Axel had the same angle.

A few PBS facts:

PBS is completely out of business as of 2020 (Transaxle and Windmill operations). As confirmed by one of the partners directly to me in 2021.

The PBS S4/S5 sequential used Weddle R&P, forward gears, reverse gears, diff parts, sliders (dog-rings). These are common between the Weddle S4/S5.

A PBS S4/S5 can be converted to Weddle S4/S5 for quite a bit less cost than a new Weddle S4/S5, if the components listed above are still in good condition.  

A PBS trans will bolt into the same mounts as a 2D without changing engine location. But the bottom of the trans could hang below frame rails depending on how low the 2D was mounted in the chassis.

The only mounting difference in the PBS trans to Weddle is the bell housing mount location. The PBS is "higher" than the Weddle, but same shape.

I have had (2) PBS transaxles come across my bench that were broken in 200 HP Class 10 race cars. 

PBS uses old style shift mechanism. It cannot be upgraded to Weddle Gen 3 components. 

As of July 2024, there are still numerous shops/builders that will work on a PBS S4/S5 trans.

If I had the $$ - I would be buying this for my SCU !!! Great deal from a Great seller!!!

:poule:

Summer drama, I’m just trying to sell a trans, I don’t need the money. I bought to help a buddy who is doing a S4D upgrade. 

It's not an S4, but it’s better than a 2D. So if you have a 2D car and you don’t have $16k for an S4 this is a great trans for an upgrade. 

I’m more than happy to pay Sam to pull it apart and verify everything to a potential buyer. I’d of already done it had Sam not just gone through it (I know this because Sam told me).

I don’t sell junk, I flip cars for the enjoyment not for money. Granted I’ve made some money on some but I’ve lost a ton too. 

I have an Albins to sell too if anyone is looking. 

Summer drama, I’m just trying to sell a trans, I don’t need the money. I bought to help a buddy who is doing a S4D upgrade. 

It's not an S4, but it’s better than a 2D. So if you have a 2D car and you don’t have $16k for an S4 this is a great trans for an upgrade. 

I’m more than happy to pay Sam to pull it apart and verify everything to a potential buyer. I’d of already done it had Sam not just gone through it (I know this because Sam told me).

I don’t sell junk, I flip cars for the enjoyment not for money. Granted I’ve made some money on some but I’ve lost a ton too. 

I have an Albins to sell too if anyone is looking. 
What’s the Albins? I’ll be ordering a new Albins 5 speed  sequential next month for my build. Doubt yours is the right ratios but you never know. 

What’s the Albins? I’ll be ordering a new Albins 5 speed  sequential next month for my build. Doubt yours is the right ratios but you never know. 
Its at SCU & Justin is in Idaho the dunes. When he gets back I'll get the info and PM you. 

Back